Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 linked corrupt file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
918 Views, 2 Replies

A360 linked corrupt file

I have a revit structural model that has an architectural model linked in.  Both are hosted on A360.  But when I try to reload the arch model I get an error message that the file is corrupt and can't be loaded.  BUT the rest of my project team using revit structure doesn't have that issue.  They are able to load it in fine.  I checked and both the architect and I are running the same version of revit (16.0.114.0, update 5 for R2).  My other co-workers have update 4R2.  Would appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: Anonymous

Him,

This sound like the local cached model on this system might be damaged for some reason....

1. Check that your local c-disk have enough space and are not getting full.

2. Clear out the local cached copy of this model. Follow the instructions in this article to locate the files on your system and to delete them.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Note that after deleting the local cached files, it's going to take longer that usual to open the model the first time...

If you need help, please post a Revit journal here from an attempt to open the files and I will try to point you to what files you need to delete.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: lars-ake.johansson

That worked.  It took deleting the file in the PACCache folder.  I had deleted the collaboration cache first, but didn't see step 5 regarding the PACCache folder.  Once it deleted it out of there and reloaded, I was able to open the linked model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report