Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 hosted linked models - Not Updating

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emurray
561 Views, 4 Replies

A360 hosted linked models - Not Updating

I upload the model to A360 - thru windows EDGE.

open the file via Windows Edge - first image shows no stair - Correct

open the file via Revit from A360 - Stair (old file) I have uploaded the file 4 times... same problem - old file not updating.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Eric

2016-12-16_12-00-27.png2016-12-16_12-00-36.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrettWright
in reply to: emurray

Hi Eric,

• Can i ask how you uploaded the model, as well if the Stair is a separate reference file by chance?
  • If it is a separate reference file, then i'd ask if you used the Assembly upload process via the steps below so that all the references would be maintained?

Let me know,

When you upload using the Assembly option, you want to be sure that you're following the below steps.

• You can NOT use the Assembly option in your A360 DRIVE, only within your A360 hub does the option exist.
  • Put all files in same folder (parent and children)
  • Check link paths in parent file so they correctly reference the children now that they've moved into the same folder.
  • Select Assembly upload option, choose Parent file, then Upload button.
  • If using AutoCAD files with ref files, use eTransmit to package everything up first, or if using Inventor, then use the Pack and Go feature.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 5
emurray
in reply to: BrettWright

2016-12-16_13-28-36.png

For that model I just used Windows Edge browser via A360 Hub

No... The stair is part of the original old model... no links in the Arch. model.

Message 4 of 5
BrettWright
in reply to: emurray

Hi Eric,

Lets start over 🙂

• In the original title of this submission, you say "NOT UPDATING" (based on your reply and what you showed me, here is what i'm wondering)
  • I'm wondering if you're using Collaboration for Revit (C4R), and trying to "PUBLISH" an update to the model you're working on within Revit, so that it gets updated in the BIM 360 Team hub as well?
  • Your screenshot shows 2 files from C4R and then yours that it appears that you just uploaded manually, is that right?

Is that really what you're trying to do here?

• Edge shouldn't have anything to do with what you're seeing online i don't believe in this case.

let me know if i'm way off base here, and if not, we'll get you over to the C4R team to assist further since that is their expertise.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5
BrettWright
in reply to: BrettWright

Eric i'm moving this over to the C4R Forum so that team can further assist you.

I chatted with one of my colleagues on this and the thought is that possibly your model was not set up properly the first time in C4R, i.e. "initiated", see the links below.

• Autodesk A360 Collaboration for Revit Setting Up A Project

• Autodesk A360 Collaboration for Revit: Uploading Revit Models

• Autodesk A360 Collaboration for Revit: Using Communicator for Revit

As well thanks for the time on the phone to help me understand the issue further.

Notes:

1. The Revit model you're using is coming from the ARCH via Dropbox

2. You're then deadlinking that into your own Revit. (meaning that the ARCH isn't using C4R, but giving you the static model)

3. you and your STRUCT consultant are trying to use C4R to work on the model

4. you then manually linked the STRUCT.rvt file from BIM360 Team into your .rvt file (that the STRUCT person uploaded)

5. you're not able to actually Publish the model back to BIM360 Team since the Manage Icon is greyed out. (Again, we think that it wasn't set up in C4R properly the first time maybe)

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report