Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Exchange

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
peter.vanorshoven
373 Views, 4 Replies

A360 Exchange

Hi guys,

As I understand it, A360 is meant to prevent us from having multiple versions of a model / drawing, and thus having conflicts on the building site.
As I understand it, Collaboration 4 Revit is meant to prevent us from having multiple versions of a model / drawing, and thus having conflicts on the building site.
As I understand it, if I synchronize my drawing while Collaborating 4 Revit, it DOES NOT upload in A360.
As I understand it, if I synchronize my drawing in A360, it DOES NOT change anything in my Collaborating 4 Revit.

As I understand it, the complete pic as described above, is far from logical? Can you please help me understand what is going wrong, and how to get it right? One model being saved in the cloud should be the one used for both Collaboration and Viewing through A360. It SHOULD. Just very simply, SHOULD. When WILL it???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Peter and thanks for posting.

You are right that C4R does not automatically publish to BIM 360 Team each time a SWC occurs.  While the model on the C4R service is always the latest and greatest, we have other feedback that suggests not every SWC is significant to the team members who are not using Revit so we've left the option to publish as on demand.  There is a fairly new feature to publish all so you do not have to separately click on each model in the project which we hope helps ease this process for you.  

I would like some more clarity around your statement "if I synchronize my drawing in A360, it DOES NOT change anything in my Collaborating 4 Revit."  If I understand the workflow you may mean uploading manually to A360 does not change the version users see in C4R.  Again, because those two files are disconnected you can't modify a C4R model outside of using the C4R service.

Thanks again for the post and as always the feedback is always welcome!

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5

AdamPeter,

Thanks for explaining some things... main issue I found out that things are streamlined a lot better in Revit 2017.1, and with the explanation that you can publish there from the manage models pane.
However, I still have a problem with the quality (resolution, sharpness) of the image of plans shared in A360. Works fine for smaller plans, but clearly not for a big project of mine... Can I manage this somehow?
Message 4 of 5

Peter,

visual fidelity should be determined by your settings in Revit, however if you experience issues in the viewer performance you can private message me and we can look at specifics.  Depending on what you are trying to accomplish (for example, aggregation and clash detection) you may try BIM 360 Glue as well for a tool to accomplish this with perhaps better performance for aggregating large models.

Thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 5 of 5

AdamPeter,

If it were dependent on settings in Revit, quality would be the same on screen in Revit, in print on paper, in print on pdf and in A360... This is not the case: only in A360 resolution of the plans is far worse... Really unclear, that is.
Also, I do not try to aggregate several plans, all is in ONE RVT-file, and clear on my screen. It is only what is visible for my client that is bad quality in A360.
I can give you access to the file and the A360 folder if I have your mail address, then you can see yourself what I mean, and help me find the solution. No kidding, but having this right already keeps me going from the start of December 2016... only step by step I get small parts of a solution from Autodesk... I hope you understand my frustration has come to a certain level, but once again I want to give you full credit and hope you can solve this...

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Peter van Orshoven
AACO Architekten

http://www.aaco.be

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report