Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 360 Collaboration for Revit

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Chowell
849 Views, 16 Replies

A 360 Collaboration for Revit

Hi Community,

I am having issues when I try to upload my project to the cloud using A360 Collaboration for Revit.  When in Revit, I select the Collaborate tab, and then click on Collaborate.  I then select Collaborate using A360 and after having chosen the project I previously set up on A360 Team it takes me to this screen and gets stuck:

A360 Collaborate Stuck.JPG

It will sit here for 45 minutes and nothing will happen.  Please help!!

Thanks,

C

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Chowell

This would typically happen if your instance of Revit is having trouble communicating with the C4R service.  Can you attach your Jorunal file for a Revit session that hangs during the model onboarding command?  That will tell us what part is failing.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17
ukdxb012

I've experienced similar issues like this however id missed an update release in the very early days of C4R and communicator update. http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-revit...

Kyle however is right, any issues like this and you should always upload your journal file for review.

Do you have the latest versions installed?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-a360-...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 17
Chowell
in reply to: ukdxb012

Attached is the Journal file.

Also, I have update release 7 installed.

Thanks for the quick replies! I still need help!

Message 5 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk

That is unfortunately an incomplete journal.  It cuts out right at the start of the model onboarding process.  If the onboarding process "hangs" after 5 minutes or so, hit Alt-F4 and that should close the window -> Close Revit -> Grab and post the journal.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 17
Chowell
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

how's this?

Message 7 of 17
Chowell

or this?

Message 8 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk

Close. I don't see the application close event. I do see some errors in there, but I'd feel a lot more confident if it was a complete journal.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 17
Chowell

I am unable to close the application, I have to force quit because the collaboration dialogue box remains open and I can't click anywhere.  

I do use the ctrl + F4 command, but that only takes out of the project.  the collaboration dialogue box remains and I can't click on anything.

Message 10 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk

Set the Collaborate dialog to the focus of the OS (click on title bar) -> alt+F4 should close it.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 17
Chowell

Didn't work. ctrl + 4 does not close the collaborate dialogue box.  Here is another journal file.

Message 12 of 17
Chowell

So Sorry!! Alt + F4 did work! here is the log...

Message 13 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk

That's the ticket!  I see the failure, but I do not immediately recognize the error.  I will have to pass along to the brain trust to get some more insight.  What I can say is that this does not appear to be a connectivity issue, but an issue likely associated with an install.

While the brain trust takes a look, can you confirm that you have installed C4R 2015.4 + Revit 2015 UR7 on your machine?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 17
Chowell

Yes I can confirm that I have C4R 2015.4 + Revit 2015 UR7 installed. I
tried downloading and installing them and the installation set up said they
were already installed on this computer.

Tell the brain trust thank you!
[image: suttonsuzukiarchitects.com]
Message 15 of 17
Chris.Aquino

We have seen this behavior if you are trying to initiate workshaing in C4R in a 3d view. In the journal it looks like you are in "3D View: Master Chimney". Please try initiating worksharing in C4R from a non-3d view to see if the behavior changes.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 16 of 17
KyleB_Autodesk

We have a known issue where model onboarding fails if a 3D perspective view is open during the process.  Can you confirm that you have a another View type open when trying to onboard the model?

-Kyle

(edit) Chris beat nme to it!

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 17
allan.partridge

Have you audited your file and purged before publishing as a A360 file?  Do you have any links that need updating as well?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report