Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/19/2017 - Collaboration For Revit outage

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
1349 Views, 10 Replies

7/19/2017 - Collaboration For Revit outage

All,

As noted on our health dashboard, the cloud worksharing operations in Revit are currently down as of ~11:05am EST, after a period of degradation the previous 60 minutes.

• 12:04pm EST - All service metrics indicate normal service operation.  Root cause resolved, and service is scaling normally under load.

7-19-2017 1-09-14 PM.png

• 11:36am EST - Service metrics are showing increase in service traffic.
  • 11:26am EST - New service nodes are hitting service and starting to handle traffic.

7-19-2017 11-37-59 AM.png

• 11:00am EST - The existing service nodes became fully saturated and went out of service -> service operations are fully out.
  • 10:45am EST - Our engineering team started deploying the fix to this issue -> new service nodes that did not have the previous issue.
  • 10:20am EST - Our engineering team identified the issue -> new service nodes were not grabbing traffic based due to a configuration issue.
  • 10am EST - Our service metrics indicated an increase in duration of core cloud worksharing operations, while the overall command volume was reduced.  We set the service status to degraded.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ewing
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

My sync completed 🙂

Message 3 of 11

Post updated with additional detail an the current state.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: ewing

@ewing wrote:

My sync completed 🙂

Yes, our metrics indicated that we never fully stopped serving traffic, but the metrics clearly showed that it was effectively a full outage.  That said, we are more or less back up and running now, and we will be back to Operational status on the health dashboard shortly.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11

Post updated with resolution of the issue, as well as metrics tied to that resolution.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 11
ndavidch

Still without sync on collaboration. Really frustrating, my due date is in 3 days and I cannot save the most recent changes to the central model. Ive tried everything with NO RESULTS.

I can open the file, can do a few things in the model, when trying to make a sync, get an error, revit close and the change never get the central model.

Sending some screenshots, really apprecciatte any help!.

Tnks in adv.

Message 7 of 11
GTisRule
in reply to: ndavidch

Is C4R still hiaving issues?  The healthcheck page hasn't been updated since the 19th.

Message 8 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: GTisRule

@GTisRule wrote:

Is C4R still hiaving issues?  The healthcheck page hasn't been updated since the 19th.

Nope.  All systems normal, per the last update on the HDS.  We've gotten feedback that folks would like that status data to stay up for a few business days, which is why it was still there.  I actually had a task this morning to clear it, so you beat me to it. 🙂

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
ndavidch

I cannot sync to one of my projects. Tried everything, the sync process are still pending for more than 48 hours. Wondering if it posibble to cancel these process.

Tnks in adv.

Message 10 of 11
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: ndavidch

@ndavidch wrote:

Still without sync on collaboration. Really frustrating, my due date is in 3 days and I cannot save the most recent changes to the central model. Ive tried everything with NO RESULTS.

I can open the file, can do a few things in the model, when trying to make a sync, get an error, revit close and the change never get the central model.

Sending some screenshots, really apprecciatte any help!.

Tnks in adv.

Sorry for the troubles you are having.  Looking at the screen grabs you posted, that's not related to a service issue with C4R, but looks like a problem with Revit itself.  So we don't re-purpose this thread to investigate that issue, can you please post those grabs + a Revit Journal on a new Forum Post?  We can take a look over there.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11
ndavidch

Sure!, I've just upload a new topic 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-collaboration-forum/sync-process-fail-cannot-save-any-file/td-p...

I just upload the journal file, I added here with the dump file. 

Tnks in adv. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report