Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Revit collaboration Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
247 Views, 1 Reply

2016 Revit collaboration Issues

We have a case in my office where one of our machines, all of our machines Revit 2016 Collab, are unable to work from the same file. We created a central file that the other 6 machines can all load a file and synchronize withe the central file to update it. The 1 machine is anable to do so without forcing the other 6 to create a new central as we become "unable to save file" if we open it after the 1 machine accesses it and saves. I'm not sure what to do at this point. the machine in question has Windows 7 64-bit installed on it and has been on and off with this behavior. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lars-ake.johansson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I assume this is network based worksharing?

Where is the central file located - on a network share or a shared folder on one of the systems?

If you share a folder on one of the systems, ALL clients (including the system where you have the shared file) need to access the central with the network share otherwize it might behave the way you describe....

If you share the central with a mapped drive, all clients need to map this share with the SAME drive letter.

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report