Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Render and Transparency

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bozandilistan
6257 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Render and Transparency

Hey. I'm working with Revit 2013 and trying to get render with visibility transparency and override settings.

visibility setting view.JPG

I can see transparency with realistic mode 3d.screenshot realistic mode.jpg

But when getting render, It shows like solid. I tried the same with navisworks 2016 too but it gave the same results.

render.jpg

Thank you all.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

The thing is you're trying to set up a material property through the display settings. When rendering, REVIT will search for transparency settings inside the component material.

Try this: create a single material, add some transparency to it, apply to all components you wish to render this way and then render. It should work.

Obviously you will do it in a separete copy of your model, specialy if your model have all materials set according to construction information.

Best regards

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: rodrigo.bezerra

To prevent such an issue in a project I have used phases once. In this example you can set you project in 'current construction'phase and things needed to be transparent you can set as 'new' phase. Make the phase new material something transparent and you are ready to go. It will then be easy to switch on and off in many views

I did this in a project where I did not need phasing, so this was an easy solution.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report