Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I print a Revit Schedule without it being on a page?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
bdeioma
18735 Views, 10 Replies

How can I print a Revit Schedule without it being on a page?

How can I print a Revit Schedule without it being on a page?  The print screen always defaults to "Selected views/sheets".  That wont do it.

Thanks

Nardo

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
L.Maas
in reply to: bdeioma

You can not. However what is the problem with putting it on a sheet and printing it from there?

Or if you want to you can export it our of Revit and open it in other software (e.g Excel)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 11
bdeioma

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No

I did not get a solution to my problem.

“How can I print a schedule without putting it on a sheet?”  We frequently use the schedules for various in house uses.  I want to be able to print quickly, on the fly.  Therefore, exporting to another program isn’t good, because that is a bit convoluted. 

We don’t like temporary sheets because they find their way into sets.

I should be able to check the “Visible in view only” box and print what I see.

Why is that option grayed out?

Thank You

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 11
ToanDN

Sometimes we just have to give and this is one of those times.  If you are either going for some workaround or sitting there cursing some anonimous programmers.  See bold text below.
@bdeioma wrote:

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No

I did not get a solution to my problem.

“How can I print a schedule without putting it on a sheet?”  We frequently use the schedules for various in house uses.  I want to be able to print quickly, on the fly.  Therefore, exporting to another program isn’t good, because that is a bit convoluted.

Schedule can be export to a txt file and you can linked that txt file into a Excel file.  Format  the Excel file properly once and you can just update the link the next time you export your schedule.  But I take it's too cumbersome for you so move on to the next workaround.

We don’t like temporary sheets because they find their way into sets.

Create a dedicated Sheet for this purpose.  Uncheck Appears in Sheet List and it will never get into your Sheet sets.  Label it properly so that it sorts itself to the bottom or top of the browsers.

I should be able to check the “Visible in view only” box and print what I see. 

Why is that option grayed out?

You (we) should but you can't.  Not yet.  Submit a wishlist to Autodesk and cross your fingers.

Thank You

Message 5 of 11
Kimtaurus
in reply to: ToanDN

Go to Apps Autodesk: Scheduling

Here you might find a way to easily export schedules without having to import a txt file into Excel.

Unfortunatly for now, exporting or placing schedules on a sheet, is the only option.

You can print it using Reports without putting the schedule on a sheet.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=5541053866952145142&appLang=en&os=Win64

You can also save it in PDF and Word document directly from Revit.

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Message 7 of 11

We really enjoy using Reports plugin for Revit. We no longer export to excel and get our drawing lists, and component lists done much faster this way. It requires a little bit of manual adjustment in the first configuration to make sure the list looks perfect, but the next prints are done without the need to configure anything. Just select the folder where to save the PDF and done. 

Message 8 of 11

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Message 9 of 11
mrh_studio
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I keep checking back here to see if/when this is finally updated in a newer version.  I don't typically need to print a schedule that is not on a sheet.  However, I frequently need to print schedules such as door schedules and interior finish schedules (on 11x17) without the rest of the info that is on that particular drawing/sheet.  Therefore, what I've found that works best for me is to (temporarily) delete the rest of the items on that particular sheet, print the schedule at "fit to page",  and then immediately "undo" the deletions.  I've also found that if you select "Visible portion of current window" under the print range, and then zoom in a little bit larger than the visible portion, it will print slightly larger to my 11x17 sheet.

Message 11 of 11
luisPDAN6

Here is a good tutorial that shows exporting schedules to PDF without being on a sheet:

https://goto.archi/blog/post/how-to-effortlessly-export-schedules-to-pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report