Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Sheet Size not calibrated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matheuspalmd
596 Views, 3 Replies

Zoom Sheet Size not calibrated

Hello!! Whenever i try to use the Zoom Sheet Size it seems to not be at the real size. I tried measuring it from the screen and it show the element smaller than it should be if printed. This happens in RVT 19 and 21 and my monitor has a 2560x1080 resolution. I don't know if i'm crazy but, i'm pretty sure that this worked properly on my old computer (with a 1920x1080 resolution). Is there a way to calibrate this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: matheuspalmd

So you are literally measuring the display on your monitor and comparing it to your printed hardcopy?  

Are you using a tape measure or a wooden ruler?  

https://www.howtogeek.com/304036/HOW-TO-ADJUST-SCALING-FOR-DIFFERENT-MONITORS-IN-WINDOWS-10/

https://fotoworkspro.com/pages/how-to-get-your-prints-to-match-your-screen

Message 3 of 4
_Vijay
in reply to: matheuspalmd

Like this????

Message 4 of 4
matheuspalmd
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes and no...

I use the Zoom Sheet Size to check if something will be too big or too small on the sheet before printing, but i do this just visually because a long time ago i cheked to see if it was at the right size, thus not requiring to measure every time.

On my old pc, as i said, this worked as intended. Whatever i've drawn had matched the exact size as if being printed.

Now, om my new monitor (that has a bigger resolution) this is a bit off. Let's say that i drawn a 1cm line. If i set the view to 1:1 and use the Zoom Sheet Size, this line should be the exact 1cm if i measure it with a ruler. However, the drawing seems to be a little smaller.

This doesn't have to do with the view scale, as i'm using a scale ruler (see below) and this happens in whatever scale that i use.

This is the ruler that i use. It  goes from 1:20 to 1:125. I don't know the name of it in englishThis is the ruler that i use. It goes from 1:20 to 1:125. I don't know the name of it in english

For some reason, if use the Zoom Sheet Size and then scroll just a little bit (just one step closer) it seems to be at the right size. 

This is not a major issue but is kinda depressing that it worked flawlessly before. I think that maybe this resolution is not supported yet for this command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators