Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong colours shown in visual styles.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
MariusGan
581 Views, 12 Replies

Wrong colours shown in visual styles.

I've used too much of my time today trying to figure this out and my patience is running out. The colours on the families in my project shows completely wrong. The first picture shows the correct colours and how it should be when i place them in an new project without a template.

The second picture shows how it appears in my project. How is this happening? Why is the equipment in red shown as yellow and the blue one is shown as grey?

Both visual styles is set to shaded.

2024-06-13 132718.png2024-06-13 132516.png

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ouaheb_mustapha
in reply to: MariusGan

Hi marius ,

Can you share with the revit family?

Message 3 of 13
MariusGan
in reply to: ouaheb_mustapha

Yes, I'll attach it.

Message 4 of 13
ouaheb_mustapha

Regrettably, I possess the Revit 2023 version, But try to experiment with the material properties of the family

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

Looks like the View's Phase Filter needs to be set to "Show Complete".  

Message 6 of 13
barthbradley

Are you talking about the material shading color? 

Shading1.png

Shading2.png

Message 7 of 13
ToanDN

Check the material properties in the project.

Message 8 of 13

It's a Phase Filter

Message 9 of 13
handjonathan

Hi @MariusGan 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggesteds by @ToanDN @vitorbortoncello @barthbradley helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 10 of 13
MariusGan
in reply to: barthbradley

It's weird, because when i directly edit the family, the material "Steel, Paint finish, Red," is red, as it should be. 

But when I place it in the project, it's yellow. And when I double click it to edit the family after I've placed it, and then check the material, the material "Steel, Paint finish, Red," is yellow apparently??

Message 11 of 13
y_naessens

Materials can exist in several documents (project and family), have the same name but different settings.
Check the material which is in your project file or files. The family will take the material loaded in the project file.
If you open your project, and modify the family from the project (no family file should be opened) feels like it'll appear yellow (shaded mode)

Message 12 of 13
MariusGan
in reply to: y_naessens

Tanks, this was the solution!

Message 13 of 13
barthbradley

@MariusGan wrote:

It's weird, because when i directly edit the family, the material "Steel, Paint finish, Red," is red, as it should be. 

But when I place it in the project, it's yellow. And when I double click it to edit the family after I've placed it, and then check the material, the material "Steel, Paint finish, Red," is yellow apparently??

Write this down: PROJECT MATERIALS RULE

If a Family has and uses a Material named "Red" which is red colored and the Project has a Material named "Red" which is blue colored, then the Family will be blue colored in the Project.  

Now, if the Project did not have a "Red" Material, the Family's "Red" Material would carry over to the Project's Materials Library without changing.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report