Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wooden Framing Basics in revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mohamed_Arshad
613 Views, 3 Replies

Wooden Framing Basics in revit

Hii Geniuses,

Basically im a mechanical student. due to our office requirements, i moved to BIM especially in Wooden Frame Buildings, so i'm helpless can anybody say, how to learn revit from basics in Wooden framing point of view, till now i know some basics. And my office too forces to learn automation in revit especially in c# and Dynamo.

i'm starting my new carrier in BIM kindly give your valuable points which are useful for my work.

if anybody working in wooden frame buildings, kindly share your points who to use revit in effective way.

waiting for comments......

regards 

arshad.k

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chughes
in reply to: Mohamed_Arshad

Are you looking to detail out the individual wood members in the wood framing?  I typically work in wood framing, but don’t get into modeling the individual framing components except for outline roof and floor trusses.  If you are wanting to model the individual elements, there are a few add-ins (for a subscription) that will take a walls, floors, and roofs and add framing elements.

Below are a couple that I have looked at.

http://www.aga-cad.com/products/bim-solutions/wood-framing-wall

https://strucsoftsolutions.com/

Message 3 of 4
Mohamed_Arshad
in reply to: chughes

hii,
thanks for your reply...
i too using AGA Cad in our projects, I have few Doubt in modeling a basic model before framing in AGA CAD.

How model model a Editable Model in revit before framing?

is there any way to model, that will be easily editable when any changes occurs.

please say how you model in revit? for wood frame buildings. Because i too search in youtube i didn't find any solution,

actually when any changes occurs i totally remodeling the building... lot time going waste due to this.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed Arshad K
Message 4 of 4
chughes
in reply to: Mohamed_Arshad

I am not completely sure what you are asking for, but my advice would be to get your general design in place and happy, using walls, floors, and roofs, before going into the next level of modeling with the framing members.  It is exponentially more challenging to model your more detailed elements and then have to back up, move your basic elements, and then chase down the detailed elements for coordination.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report