Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Swings Not Showing on Oblique Elevations

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EATREVITPOOPCAD
961 Views, 5 Replies

Window Swings Not Showing on Oblique Elevations

I have an issue where on elevation view if the window is on an oblique wall to that the view, it will not show the swings. See pasted image below: the red and the blue circle are the same family... Any ideas?

EATREVITPOOPCAD_0-1631042714432.png

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: EATREVITPOOPCAD

You have to draw the swing lines as Model Lines, not Symbolic Lines, in the window family in order for them to show on oblique elevations.

Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6
EATREVITPOOPCAD
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks! Also... I always wondered the lines in the family editor were called 😅 Not model and not detail lines... Symbolic it is! sold.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: EATREVITPOOPCAD

@EATREVITPOOPCAD wrote:

Thanks! Also... I always wondered the lines in the family editor were called 😅 Not model and not detail lines... Symbolic it is! sold.

Symbolic lines in a model family are the equivalence of Detail lines in the project.  Neither of these terms is the best choice of word IMHO.  "Symbolic lines" could be interrelated as lines belong to "Symbol", which is the term Revit use to indicate Generic Annotation families.  And "Detail lines"?  Who says you cannot have a detail in 3D? 

I prefer to call them (Symbolic and Detail lines) 2D lines vs 3D lines (Model lines).  

Message 6 of 6

Very logical and makes sense to me :clinking_beer_mugs:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report