Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window mull covers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
365 Views, 4 Replies

Window mull covers

So I'm looking for some advice on how to best model this. In the screenshot below, I have marked areas in a wall that I need to cover with window mull covers - extruded alum matching the window colors. These are going to be added in between the windows and at the corners. How do I best add this so it will display correctly in sections and in 3D? My first thought was to create a custom wall type that includes the mull cover and just insert that wall type in the section between the windows? In that case - I also have some wall sections where wall is shown above the windows, so I would have to insert all separately over the window? I would also like to be able to schedule these mull covers since it is something we're dealing with frequently. Any advice is appreciated.

Marc

WindowMullCovers.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
artejon
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess you modelled glass sheets as separate walls. You could use a curtain wall system family with glass panels and metal mullions to achieve that.

Curtain wall can be embedded in another wall like doors or windows so you can model a wall and insert a curtain wall (window) in it.

Revit add-ins: CAD Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find and delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager at Revit Apps Store
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: artejon

Actually all windows are Revit families from Marvin Windows and I need to cover those.

Message 4 of 5
artejon
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a line-based generic model family with extrusion using a profile of your mullions.

Revit add-ins: CAD Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find and delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager at Revit Apps Store
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: artejon

Perhaps a new family, face based, with instance dimension controls and material could be a better solution. Because it also will available in schedules for material take off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report