Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window dimensions won't work

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3321 Views, 4 Replies

Window dimensions won't work

Hi,  In Revit 2018, when you click on certain windows (double hung for example), the permanent dimensions to that window do turn blue... and no temporary dimensions are available.   So to move the window, you must nudge or use the move command.   This is not true of fixed windows and I haven't tried all the other ones yet.

this has to be a glitch!   Is there a fix?

thanks

Jenny

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you Activate Dimension (Options Bar)?

If so, you may be experiencing a normal behavior explained here: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 3 of 5
SteveKStafford

Related to the link @Anonymous provided, families with nested and shared families will not generate temporary dimensions.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

thanks,   clicking on the offending window and then "Activate Dimensions" worked.   However I realized in the text of my request, I left out the word "not".  Neither the temporary nor the permanent dimensions were available.  The permanent dimension, though visible, didn't turn blue until I hit the "Activate Dimensions"  button.  The temporary dimensions didn't show up at all until I hit the activate dimensions button. Doesn't seem very convenient to have to activate dimensions every time you want to move the window, but I can live with it.

thanks

Jenny

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

How to activate the dimension in Revit?? you simply click on the dimension? but that does not solve the issue of visibility of the dimension of the window, the temporary dimension nor even actual dimension !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report