Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window & Door Schedule identity marks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clk
Explorer
1369 Views, 2 Replies

Window & Door Schedule identity marks

I have run across an issue re: identifying a door/window type and its location. As some windows of a same type may be tempered and some not need to be. But the window/door symbols are showng the type but not the specific identity mark. I would like to make the ID on the drawings show the mark number rather than the type mark so that it is unique to its location so if I make one a tempered and one not by looking at the ID mark it identifies which specific window or door is being noted for that location and the requirements it has. So how do I change that symbol number to reflect the Mark  and not the Type Mark?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
clk
Explorer
in reply to: clk

I may just answer myself and say I may need to edit/create more types of windows by making a new type with the tempered information as part of the description tereby giving it a unique mark on the floor plan...

Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: clk

Tags read from shared parameters. So if you add a shared parameter to your window families you can tag them. Of course you would have to create/modify a tag family to read that particular parameter. This parameter can be instance based or type based.

If you use an shared instance parameter new window types are not absolutely needed. However, depending on your needs type parameters might be a better solution.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report