Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Current Revision Date not visible without revision numbering?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jim_Melin
335 Views, 5 Replies

Why is Current Revision Date not visible without revision numbering?

A project we're working on wants revision schedules with current revision date listed, but the Revision Numbering column empty for certain revisions. But as sone as you set none to Revision Numbering also the Current Revision Date column also becomes empty.

We have an ugly workaround with custom numbering using less obvious characters (various combination of hyphens) but our client is unimpressed with this.

Why is Current Revision Date dependent on Revision Numbering?
And is there a better workaround?

Thanks
Jim

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
curtisridenour
in reply to: Jim_Melin

i am struggling to understand what you are trying to do. You are scheduling the revisions or the sheets? A revision schedule will not give much flexibility as a revision will have all the same information no matter what sheet it is applied to. If it is a sheet schedule, you might be able to use some calculated parameters that look at the Revision Number and can display something different given another parameter.

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Jim_Melin

No issue here.

ToanDN_0-1679506548048.png

Message 4 of 6
curtisridenour
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN are you using a unicode character for the empty space with alphanumeric numbering option?

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: curtisridenour

@curtisridenour wrote:

@ToanDN are you using a unicode character for the empty space with alphanumeric numbering option?

No.  The one without Number has Numbering set to None.

ToanDN_0-1679507386750.png

Message 6 of 6
Jim_Melin
in reply to: curtisridenour

Thanks to all your answers. I answer them all in one reply:

Regarding why?

I don't understand the reasoning for why either, unfortunately.

The published revision list was just returned with this request, referring to some detail in the manuals. I did not question it and just tried to accommodate them.

Also, to all other who kindly replied.

It is in Sheet Lists of all sheets revision status the issue arises. Not in the drawing stamps nor the Revision settings panel.

It is the Current Revision Date that does not appear in lists when numbering is set to None. Is that the date you were using too?

Where should I use or not use unicode characters? The dates are written numerically only, but in a text string parameter (default for the Revision Date field). In Custom numbering the test are straight western unicode in the standard range. But with custom numbering dates are showing, so that would not be an issue.

Below is another screenshot of the simplest reproduction I can offer of the issue showing Current Revision Date beside Sheet Issue Dates (that always show). 

CRDs are visible in the second revision with custom numbering "-", but not where numbering is set to None.
Revision Numbering is set to Per Sheet in revision settings.

jpm_0-1679559342304.png

I don't know the details of the fields chosen in your example sheet lists, but I can't figure how to get those results with Curren Issue Dates, nor if you did the same thing I have an issue with.

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators