Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does combined parameters not update automatically

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Rab_i
1076 Views, 7 Replies

why does combined parameters not update automatically

For combined parameters in Revit, if some parameter changes (in my case it was project number), it necessarily doesn't update the scheduled combined parameter. Is it a known issue? I have 4 parameters which are combined into one for a schedule. The parameter project number was updated but then the combined parameters didn't reflect the change. I selected few family instances that had the parameters and manually changed the values. These values for the selected instances  reflected the changed project number but others remained unchanged. 

Exporting schedule didn't update them either. I believe its a bug but wanted to confirm if others have the same issues.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Rab_i

It works normally here.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 3 of 8
Viveka_CD

@Rab_i wrote:

For combined parameters in Revit, if some parameter changes (in my case it was project number), it necessarily doesn't update the scheduled combined parameter. Is it a known issue? I have 4 parameters which are combined into one for a schedule. The parameter project number was updated but then the combined parameters didn't reflect the change. I selected few family instances that had the parameters and manually changed the values. These values for the selected instances  reflected the changed project number but others remained unchanged. 

Exporting schedule didn't update them either. I believe its a bug but wanted to confirm if others have the same issues.

Hi @Rab_i

Can you share screenshots of the combined parameters and a file to test?

Which version of Revit are you using?

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

@Rab_i: I cannot replicate what you are describing on 2018.  

Message 5 of 8
Rab_i
in reply to: ToanDN

If you could try adding custom shared parameters from a Generic model and see if you get the same results. Meaning, create a custom shared parameters in a family and load that into your project. Create a Generic Model schedule and now create a combined parameter using the same along with parameter from Project Information. that is exactly what I am doing and running into issues.

Message 6 of 8
Rab_i
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Using Revit 2018. 

combined Parameter issues.PNG

After I select a generic model and update any of its parameter value, the combined parameter in the schedule updates. Everything else remains unchanged. Here below is screenshot. The first item is updated while everything else doesn't.

combined Parameter issues02.PNG

Message 7 of 8
alex.kaplan

@Rab_i

I was able to reproduce this behavior but I'm not sure it has anything to do with Shared Parameters. In my investigation, it seems that Project Information and Combined Parameters don't play well together and don't update when expected.

I found that an easy workaround for this is to add the Project Number as a scheduled field and then make it hidden. This way, when you change the Project Number, it triggers an update on the schedule and your combined parameter will also update.

I believe this will require some additional investigation to determine what is happening. I've shared your steps for reproducing this with our Revit product team. They'll investigate further. In the mean time, let me know if the workaround doesn't work for you.

Alexander Kaplan
Revit QA | Pipeline Team
Message 8 of 8
GPnmulder
in reply to: alex.kaplan

This is still an issue we still encounter, most recently on a R22 project. As post says, solutions are to add the parameter to schedule fields and then hide or remove it again. I have also found that editing combined parameters (adding parameters or adding/removing separators and prefixes) do not update properly when in a schedule view template. In that case removing the template, making the edits, and remaking the view template is needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators