Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the patterns of a section cut look different depending on the view?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
556 Views, 2 Replies

Why do the patterns of a section cut look different depending on the view?

After creating an excavation with several soil layers, I tried to look at it in different ways with the 3D-cutting tool. But somehow it makes a difference how deep I cut into my excavation, because the patterns of one and the same material look completely different. Can someone please tell me why?

Fehler 1.JPG

When you compare this image with the next one, I just changed the position of the left 3D-cutting box.

Fehler 2.JPG

What did I wrong?

Fehler 3.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion @Anonymous.

My first thought is - is the surface and cut pattern the same or different? It should still 'cut' the same - but something that crossed my mind.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank's for the idea, but it didn't solve it. The surface and cut patterns are different, but after I changed them to be the same, I still had the same problem.

I'am afraid, that it has something to do with the cutting of the 3D objects. Because I first constructed the secant pile wall with anchors and afterwards added the soil layers and then cutted the excavation out of it. Because, when I look at the picture it's obvious, that in the region, where the steel anchor is cutted along with the gravel, the gravel has the same pattern as the anchor. The same with the clay, it is cutted along with the concrete piles, so it has the pattern of rebar concrete. What I don't get is, why it is only in one direction and not in the other one. As you can see, the anchor is cutted in both directions, but only on the one side, the gravel shows the steel pattern instead of the gravel one.

Fehler 9.JPG

So I just tried to do it again, but still, the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators