Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Nvidia graphics card (not Quadro) is best for using Autodesk programs for Gaming Laptops

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4115 Views, 7 Replies

Which Nvidia graphics card (not Quadro) is best for using Autodesk programs for Gaming Laptops

I recently started looking for a new computer, I am looking for an Alienware with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 2080 graphics card with 8GB GDDR6 memory and Max-Q design.

I have heard from the Dell store that Gaming computers are not 100% compatible with Autodesk software.

I was recommended a Dell precision 5750 with Nvidia QUADRO RTX 3000, because it is the recommended one, however I have never heard Autodesk's opinion about the compatibility of gaming laptops.
For example, in architecture I have many colleagues who use MSi gaming laptops, Predator, Republic of Gamers, and their graphics cards are not Nvidia QUADRO type...

It would be very useful to have a list of Nvidia graphics cards (not Quadro) that are also compatible with Autodesk programs

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

you can refer to these LINK and LINK requirements to run autodesk product and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Greetings

These links are confusing, they do not answer the question, I would like to know what the opinion of the Autodesk workers is.....

Because I have to know if if a gaming laptop with Nvidia GeForce RTX2070-2080 is worth it

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Greetings

These links are confusing, they do not answer the question, I would like to know what the opinion of the Autodesk workers is.

I just want to know if a NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX2070-2080 is worth it ?

Message 5 of 8
ennujozlagam

maybe you can refer to these LINK previous thread and  LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 8
Simon_Weel

It depends on what kind of Autodesk software you are using? Since you posted this question in the Revit forum, I'll take it you are using Revit. There are recommendations from Autodesk regarding the graphics card, but just about any card will do with Revit. Only if you're going to use things like Enscape or TwinMotion, the graphic card really matters. For example, we started using Nvidia Quadro cards because they were recommended by Autodesk. Only to find out they are terribly slow with Enscape. Enscape recommends Nvidia GTX 1080 / RTX 2080 so the next bunch of pc's we bought have those types of graphics cards. And yes, that makes a big difference with Enscape.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

You're pc can run a 750 component meeting, but you may come across a few issues in phrases of real time visualization whilst modeling. Navigating a large assembly may cause a bit lag as you can see. I advocate you change your GPU and ramp up the RAM to twenty-32 GB simply to make sure.

Message 8 of 8
amarkonathala

Hi @Anonymous 

Do u want to check the present leading Graphic cards U can Check below links by performance 

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report