Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when trying to give material to a glass door in lumion , lumion doesnt differentiate that there is a frame and glass , but reads all door as 1 element .

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
basma.alatrash96
1604 Views, 2 Replies

when trying to give material to a glass door in lumion , lumion doesnt differentiate that there is a frame and glass , but reads all door as 1 element .

When I try to render a door in lumion ( consisting of door frame glass sheet ) , Lumion applies 1 material to both the frame & glass. and reads all the door as 1 material . I extracted my model from revit and used a glass door from the families provided in revit . Can someoneplease assist me with that . thanks !!Screenshot (106).pngScreenshot (105).png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: basma.alatrash96

@basma.alatrash96 

Did you use the Lumion Plugin or did you simply export as FBX

• If you use the plugin LiveSync (You can download from Lumion Website Here), the assignment of material should work fine in Lumion (ie: Lumion will differentiate between frame and glass as 2 elements). However, this plugin is not compatible with Revit LT

• If you exported as FBX, then Lumion might not distinguish the different elements in a family and this is due to an incompatibility in FBX formats. The one used in Lumion is older than that used by Revit. The workaround in such case would be to export to Formit then From Formit to Lumion

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 3

double check in your door family if they are in different materials?

or refer to this link and see if helps. thanks

https://forum.lumion.com/general-discussion/problem-with-material-selection-in-lumion-(from-revit-to...

https://support.lumion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008179854-Why-are-your-Lumion-materials-missing-afte...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report