Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cuts through a toposurface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Haider_of_Sweden
254 Views, 3 Replies

What cuts through a toposurface

I am investigating how I can have walls pushing away the terrain. I know you could use building pads underneath each wall but what if the wall is made of a profile. What if there are multiple levels.

Are there other options to cut away toposurface?

Haider_of_Sweden_0-1631278074537.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Haider_of_Sweden

@Haider_of_Sweden 

As long as it remains a Toposurface, your options are limited to pads, grading and subregions. The poch representation displayed by Revit is not a solid form which can be cut in sense of cutting a geometry

Options are as follows using dynamo:

• convert it to a mass or generic component
  • convert it to a floor element with modified sub-elements
  • Convert it to a directshape cut by the wall geometry

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Haider_of_Sweden
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU wrote:

As long as it remains a Toposurface, your options are limited to pads, grading and subregions. The poch representation displayed by Revit is not a solid form which can be cut in sense of cutting a geometry

Something cool would be a dynamoscript that create pads based on what I select (walls, stairs etc) and places them underneath each selected item, based on the selected items' Min Z elevation 🙄 

Options are as follows using dynamo:

1. convert it to a mass or generic component
  2. convert it to a floor element with modified sub-elements
  3. Convert it to a directshape cut by the wall geometry

1. Do you have any DYN-files or any like you could recommend? I searched but found nothing (maybe I was searching with the wrong keywords). I tried however to create a mass, but I couldn't cut a family to it, nor host a family on the mass. So I am really curious about this method.
  2. This worked for me 👍. I got a DYN file (provided in this post, if anyone else wants it). The floor can host families, of course, and you can cut through it. Walls can be joined and you can Switch Join Order, so that you can prevent what I showed in my previous screenshot.
  3. What does this mean, "directshape"?

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Haider_of_Sweden

@Haider_of_Sweden 

• using basic node you can use dynamo to select elements in the model >> get elements' faces >> filter bottom horizontal one >>> get the perimeter ... then you will need a little but of Python to place the Pads since those are not unlocked in basic Dynamo.

When you wor

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report