Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird grey patch in all imported CAD files

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wisedrawing
657 Views, 8 Replies

Weird grey patch in all imported CAD files

Has anyone seen this in their linked CAD files, it does not matter if I make the CAD file in my suite and import it, or if I use the surveyor CAD file (through mine to rescale) its always there. Obviously its not in the CAD file itself

Darren

grey patch.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: wisedrawing

Strange. Like a watermark. Let's have a look at it.  Post the DWG here.  

Message 3 of 9
wisedrawing
in reply to: barthbradley

dwg as export from the revit file back to CAD, I can't seem to select it, it does not appear in the original CAD file only when you link it to Revit and it only shows in revit and then now when I export from revit

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

Explode and delete it.  

It's a Hatch

Message 5 of 9
barthbradley

Weird.png

Message 6 of 9
wisedrawing

That does work but it means I have to load up once, export, explode and reload again? - its very strange

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

I'm not totally following you, but if you don't want to get rid of it, then turn the Hatch Layer off.  

...also "Object A" Layer.  

Message 8 of 9
barthbradley

Grey.png

Message 9 of 9
wisedrawing

ha now we are talking

just FYI this is linked not imported so anything I needed to do to the file I have to do outside Revit, I also prefer not to import and explode CAD in Revit. So what I meant was that once I import the CAD then this grey showed up and you are correct if I export to CAD and then explode and then delete and then reload the link it actually does go away, but that seems long a long process for a little bug.

you last idea however fixes it and gave me another little skill for manipulating the linked CAD files

Thanks

Darren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report