Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALLS

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
934 Views, 6 Replies

WALLS

I have made double brick walls and a songle brick wall intersects with them. Unfortunately whatis seen at he intersection is not correct ? The single brick should NOT surpass through the first layer and get attahced to te second layer of the double brick wall? what can I do?

ROOM NUMBER.JPG

THIS IS WHAT I SHOULD SEE

WALL QUESTION.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

When you allow join...material of similar properties take precidence and join together. Example: similar finishes of intersectiong walls join together, structural elements of the intersecting walls join togetherYou need to look into your wall type properties

More info on wall joins HERE 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 7
chrisplyler

I'm guessing that your double layer brick wall has a structural definition that includes one layer of brick within the "core" and the other layer of brick outide of the core. Then your single layer brick wall is probably defined with the brick as the core. So it's trying to join to the "core" of the double layered wall.

Try building the double layered wall with both brick layers and the air gap all within the core.

Message 4 of 7
RDAOU

Just re-arrange the order of the layer from inside to outside (Structural Core should be on the inside face or in simpler logic the bottom row of the list)

Wall Type Dialog

TOP --> Exterior Side

=============

MID --> Core - Structural

=============

BOTTOM --> Interior Side 

If you put them all in the CORE the order should follow the same pattern Outside Layer on top; Inside Layer Bottom

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

I give Kudos for the help but it wasnt the real solution to my POV. I have attached th emost rectent file

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

the question arises as to what does core boundary really mean. 

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU

@Anonymous

you've been on this forum for quite some time now and you've been using revit for a year maybe more during which you advanced a lot one can see from your models...but sometimes I personally have the feeling that you went through either quickly with less practice & experimenting or you skipped...namely topics such as walls which in the help files alone Autodesk has defined really thoroughly.

example...on the core and core properties as well as layer priorities see link below

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revit-Model/files/GUID-CCDEE011-2A5E-43AC-BD60-8F81CF432A6B-htm.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Revit-Model/files/GUID-1CCD1005-CBDA-4338-8D60-489095D4BB25-htm.html

more ther on the topic but those explain more than enough to get u to master walls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report