Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall won't Join Properly

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
60570 Views, 15 Replies

Wall won't Join Properly

Attached is an image of how all of my exterior walls are joining at the corners. (see attached "Revit Wall Issue" I cannot figure out why they are joining this way. They are basic 12" Walls. Details are in the "Wall Details" image.  I tried changing all the wrapping settings and rejoining every corner.... nothing has worked.... 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

You did not provide a 3D or elevation view...so I'm wondering if one of them has a base offset different than the other. If that's the case, a 3D view would show the wall joined correctly except at the bottom where the base offset differs, and the plan view may be cutting through that problem area.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

There are no interferences anywhere... I went through the model wall by wall and there is nothing... 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

I'm kind of new to revit, but you could try what I show in the attached jpeg. Worth a try anyways.

Jeff

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

I have tried this

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I thought I had sloved that one darn it. I'm not doubting you, but did you try pulling wall back from the other wall and make sure allow join is on and then fillet the walls back togeather. 

Jeff

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

I did do this!

Message 8 of 16
chrisplyler

Clearly there are several instances of what I described. Walls intersecting with different base offsets, different top constraint offsets, different profile edits, or other condition that causes the bottoms and tops not to be in alignment. In some cases a wall from a lower floor is joining it's upper corner to a wall from the floor above instead of the intersecting wall on its own floor.

What happens if you select the whole mess all at once, and then zero any base offsets and upper constraint offsets, and setting the upper constraints to the level above as would have been the default, etc?

Message 9 of 16
tamas_badics
in reply to: chrisplyler

Do you have different phase settings on some of your walls? I have seen this when the building has various demolished walls interfering with the corners of remaining walls.

Another reason may be the use of design options. Does you model have design options that contain some of your walls?

Tamás Badics

Software Architect, Revit
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: tamas_badics

No design options, but this project is an existing building with all walls on the "existing" phase. I did find some exterior walls in the "new construction" phase that I deleted out of the project and that seems to have fixed it!

Message 11 of 16
tamas_badics

Instead of deleting the walls, you could change their phase created parameter to existing. But if you don't need them, this is a fine solution 😉

Tamás Badics

Software Architect, Revit
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: tamas_badics

Tamás Badics, Thank you for for this!! I have been searching to find the solution to my walls not joining properly, and this was all I needed! I appreciate you! 🙂

Message 13 of 16

Hi all 

I had the same issue after I started adding in phases. Eventually found that my walls were set onto construction phase 2 and the phase filter was set to "Show All". Once this was adjusted to "None" my walls appeared then I could change the phase of them and it all worked. Thanks! 

Message 14 of 16
ebolenVP6N3

Hi all,

Something else to try if none of the above has worked - when drawing a new wall, check along the top bar (your wall modifications), and make sure your join status is set to "Allow" (see image).  If not, then it won't join them automatically, and you'll have to click and hover the wall until the little Allow Join icon comes up (see second picture) and click it for all the walls that aren't joined.  Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 16
ryanc3DR3S

Try checking if you have a room separation line below the walls.

Message 16 of 16
bsilvaTYLLB

I had a very long issue with wall joins just now, I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but it seems like Room bounding lines are an issue when they are too close to other walls that are trying to join.  So, once I removed the room bounding lines, I was able to join the walls cleanly.  (For now at least.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report