Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall sweep not cut by opening at ground level

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ktrottier.designs
1952 Views, 9 Replies

Wall sweep not cut by opening at ground level

So I'm adding a wall sweep, and when it's higher up on the wall, it cuts the door, but when I align it with the floor, it un-cuts. Where is the glitch happening? I should also add that it's not consistent in the project, sometimes it works as it should, and others it doesn't, no idea why.

ktrottierdesigns_0-1626191480007.png

ktrottierdesigns_1-1626191505471.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: ktrottier.designs

It may be slightly lower than the wall base.  Compare Wal Base Offset value and Sweep Offset From Level value.

Message 3 of 10
ktrottier.designs
in reply to: ToanDN

I used the align tool, but also checked to see if they were on the same plane.. Both set to "0". 

Message 4 of 10
RDAOU

@ktrottier.designs 

1. Make sure in the Wall: Sweep Type properties Cut by Inserts is checked
  2. Check the Door sill Height...If the Bottom of the Wall: Sweep is not aligned with the Door opening it will unCUT or Cut partially

RDAOU_0-1626197070506.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 10

I did encounter this behavior from time to time. Do the wall have attach to base floor have profile cut? Normally if you have wall without profile cut, it will cut thru.

door cut.png

Once you introduce profile or wall attached to slope wall, it will stop cutting thru the wall sweep.

behavior.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 10
RDAOU
in reply to: syman2000

As long as the sweep is set to "cut by insert" it should cut fine regardless of the Wall condition

Wall Sweep cut.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 10
ktrottier.designs
in reply to: RDAOU

Love the video, this helps. So I went beck and checked both boxes, that DOES solve the door cutting issue. However, the new issue is that with the second box checked, I can't select the edges of the cut points in order to move them away from the door trim, so the baseboard covers the door trim.. Any ideas on how to get both things to work together?

Message 8 of 10
RDAOU

@ktrottier.designs 

It is cut by insert, so you control it from the Inserts...ie: in the family, Instead of using a Wall Opening element you use a Void which you can constrain and drive the wall base cut with it (See GIF below)

Additionally...if you prefer Grips and do not want to use Cut by insert, make sure that the Profile for the Sweep is modeled in the Upper Right Quadrant (see last few frames of the GIF) and make sure the bottom of the sweep is aligned to bottom of door

Set Back Wall sweep.gif

Message 9 of 10
cinthiaarriaga
in reply to: RDAOU

How did you bring up that wall sweep system family properties dialogue? I have been pulling my hair out with the exact problem described by OP but cannot for the life of my find this dialogue.

Message 10 of 10

Click on your wall sweep in view, under the "properties" dialogue click on "Edit Type" that will get you to the properties box for your wall sweep.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators