Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall gap - not phasing, corner, hidden object...issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
phebetam
863 Views, 7 Replies

Wall gap - not phasing, corner, hidden object...issue

Please see images, these little gap shows up randomly in the project (Revit 2019). 

This is new construction, so the previous phase issue is ruled out. 

The gaps are in any section of the wall, but it is not a full split. it stopped almost to the top. 

Anybody encounters this issue before?

wall gap 1.PNGwall gap2.PNG

Thank you so much for any advice!!

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lucdoucet_msdl
in reply to: phebetam

@phebetam 

Are you able to select this gap by using the "TAB" key to cycle through the selection process?

Please note that Revit will identify the element in the bottom left corner of the program window whenever an element is highlighted in blue.

-luc

Message 3 of 8
phebetam

@lucdoucet_msdl 

I tried to tab over it, it doesn't highlight the gap. The whole wall was highlighted. 

Not sure additional information help, this wall is a demising wall and the room is enclosed and the room boundary is also looking good, without any issue... 

Message 4 of 8
lucdoucet_msdl

@phebetam 

This may also happen when the wall is interacting with another wall that may be on a different level.

If you temporarily copy or move the wall outside your building, does the gap remain or disappear?

-luc

Message 5 of 8
phebetam

@lucdoucet_msdl , these are stacked... so when I move the wall, the gap stays for a certain distance, ironically the whole room width. SO at some point, we thought it is a room boundary issue....

Message 6 of 8
lucdoucet_msdl

@phebetam 

So the gap stays in the same place as you move the wall? This makes me think it seems like a hidden element interacting with the wall.

When you say "stacked", do you mean a Revit Stacked wall family or that the demising walls are aligned with each other from level to level (or architecturally "stacked"). The graphical representation of the wall in your axonometric 3D view does not seem to be a Revit Stacked wall as there is not distinction between the materials and/or thickness'.

Can you post the file?

-luc

Message 7 of 8
phebetam

@lucdoucet_msdl sorry about the wording confusion, it is just demising wall aligned floor to floor, not Revit stacked wall type. I already tried hidden element reveal and nothing there, cleaned. 

Here is another wall and another view.

wall gap3.PNG

Thank you so much !

Message 8 of 8
phebetam

There is indeed something blocking in a hidden workset!!! Thank you @lucdoucet_msdl 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report