Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall attachment top to roof

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rui_pacheco_arq
316 Views, 7 Replies

Wall attachment top to roof

Captura de ecrã 2023-10-26 094620.png

After attach wall top to roof, revit (2024.1) does the incorrect attachment as pictured.

Any idea? or just a bug?

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
kjskoog
in reply to: rui_pacheco_arq

I was able to get it to work. I dropped the top of the wall below the roof line and dragged the wall to the inside of the roof as well. This seemed to help. I feel the top of your wall was too high so the base of your wall was attached to the roof instead of the top of the wall. Hope this helps.

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 3 of 8

You can Attach Top/Base to Reference Planes as well. Detach All, drop the base of the Wall a bit, draw 2 Ref. Planes Elevation for the Top and Base Targets and then use the Attach Top/Base Tool, picking these 2 Ref. Planes as targets - not the roofs.  

...FWIW: you can always Edit Profile too.  More than one way to skin a cat.   😉 

Attach TB 1.pngAttach TB 2.png

Attach TB 3.png

Message 4 of 8

workarounds I know some... but was not supposed to do that kind of behaviour.

Message 5 of 8
rui_pacheco_arq
in reply to: kjskoog

This is the only thing that can be done without reprofile wall. But it came with redo the wall joins if the wall begging at lower level. this is a "buggy" behaviour.

Message 6 of 8

Besides, the wall, even if top is below roof line still attach with base, not top.

Message 7 of 8

Split the Wall and watch the magic happen.

Split the Wall Here.png

Split the Wall Here-A.pngSplit the Wall Here-B.png

Split the Wall Here WASTE.png

Message 8 of 8

Waste2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators