Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Assembly Elev. View

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pnovak2
355 Views, 5 Replies

Wall Assembly Elev. View

Hello,

I ran into a Revit “problem” that I can’t resolve to my liking. Maybe there is no solution to it.

I have lots of raked partition walls in this project we need to have elevation views for. So, I created an assembly from the wall (the fastest way I guess) and created an elevation view. We use standard construction practices, so the two ends of the wall go from framing to framing. We frame first and drywall later. When the elevation view is created from the assembly the wall length is (1" too short), as the distance measured between the two finished (drywall) walls. Please see attached images.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: pnovak2

Disallow Auto-Join and Join Manually via Join Geometry

Message 3 of 6
pnovak2
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi,

Yes, that is a workaround. Takes a lot of time when you have lots of walls, and gives you an ugly detail as well with the overlapping lines.

Thanks

Peter

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

What about Parts=>Assembly?

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

@pnovak2 wrote:

Hello,

I ran into a Revit “problem” that I can’t resolve to my liking. Maybe there is no solution to it.

I have lots of raked partition walls in this project we need to have elevation views for. So, I created an assembly from the wall (the fastest way I guess) and created an elevation view. We use standard construction practices, so the two ends of the wall go from framing to framing. We frame first and drywall later. When the elevation view is created from the assembly the wall length is (1" too short), as the distance measured between the two finished (drywall) walls. Please see attached images.

Create Parts and exclude finish layers from Parts.  Then create Assembly from Parts.

Message 6 of 6
pnovak2
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi,

Actually, that is not a bad idea. One extra step but I can live with that. 

Thank you for that.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators