Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void not cutting ellipsoid

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
711 Views, 3 Replies

Void not cutting ellipsoid

I've created an ellipsoid form and I would like to cut the bottom off of it. I've created  a simple cube shape as a void form but its not cutting the ellipsoid. It works when the void cuts partially through the ellipsoid but its hit and miss. Is there a way to fix this?

cut egg void.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

I tested and the void cannot fully cut the ellipsoid at the plane parallel to the plane (A) where I drew the semi-ellipse, but it can fully cut at planes not parallel to (A).  So, it depends on where you draw the semi-ellipse in the first place.

Capture4.PNGCapture.PNGCapture5.PNG

Message 3 of 4
Alfredo_Medina

Maybe this can be modeled without voids. Just modeling the portion of the ellipsoid that is necessary.

Something like this:

1. On the Front or Back view, draw half of an ellipse. Then establish the height where you want to cut the ellipse. Draw a reference line there
  2. Trim the ellipse with the reference plane that determines the elevation of the cut.
  3. Select the remaining of the half ellipse, and select the reference line, and then do Create From.
  4. Select the form, and configure the start and end angle of the revolve as -90, 90.

2017-03-31_17-45-08.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The only way is a little bit tricky so you have to draw the initial profile of the ellipsoid using the Start-end-radius-arc tool from the drawing bar so you can make a profile manually it will require you more calculation but it is the solution for your case Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report