Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view range

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
184 Views, 1 Reply

view range

I have been using revit now for about 5 years. Every single time i need to create an RCP or a structural plan i become very frustrated. While your view range is ignorable for plans, reflected ceiling plans and structural plans completely do not work nor do the sample view ranges make any sense what so ever. i have tried to find solutions through your forums or google with little success (google obviously is too obsessed with advertisements nowadays to provide useful searches). Your forums are full of useful replies such as "follow the sample in view ranges".

First you show 7 relevant view ranges (numbered might i add) on the sample but only 4 are adjustable. the names do not correspond effectively nor do the numbers in the sample correspond to the adjustable options. Above and beyond in terms of confusion is whether the view direction has any impact on the view range or which view range settings correspond to what in the actual visual of the plan. You will notice on an upward facing plan, the bottom of the cut plain in no longer selectable, but your sample provides no enlightenment toward this issue. 

It has now been 5 years of struggling to make the setting work effectively with no success. During this time your autodesk team seems to be able to make all kinds of upgrades, changes, adjustments for fancy services and possibilities for the program and yet you are unable to fix this fundamental element the plan / horizontal section work effectively. An absolutely crucial aspect to the product continues to be a nightmare and a time drain. Once in a while it works by pure gable. Please, if you are going to have such a confusing setting such a view range, ensure that it at minimum correctly corresponds in the sample.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Need a hug?  

tenor.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators