Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v 2019.2 Elevations - Need two of the same on with hidden objects

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Charles.Ball
329 Views, 4 Replies

v 2019.2 Elevations - Need two of the same on with hidden objects

I am trying to create two almost identical elevations. Both are of the West side where there is a canopy separate from the building. In one elevation I would like to show the canopy and the building and in the other, I would like to show just the building. Is there a way to do this using the same elevation tag? I was going to duplicate the view, but that creates another tag. I guess I can place them on top of each other and filter the arrowhead. 

Is there a better way? I know this question is as old as Revit, but I didn't know if there were any updates since the answers I found go back to 2012.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Charles.Ball

Hmm?  Not sure I understand the dilemma.  Maybe a Design Option -- if you want the work -- or just copy the model over to the side and modify it.  

Message 3 of 5
semhustej
in reply to: Charles.Ball

Hi,

I have the same problem creating interior elevations - I need one technical - hidden lines - and one where materials are shown - shaded. I haven't found better way than duplicating the view and than hiding one of elevation tags in the plan view. It's quite tedious. Please let us know if you come up with better workflow for this problem.

Tom

Message 4 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: semhustej

You can create different Elevation Types, and then use a Filter (and apply the Filter in View Templates) to distinguish between / display the Elevation Marks on Plans. For example, make Types for Elevation - Working, Elevation - Interior, Elevation - Exterior, etc. Then create and apply Filters to Views/View Templates.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
semhustej
in reply to: cbcarch

Seems like a good idea which might work. Unfortunately I am Revit LT user, which doesn't include Filter functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report