Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Tagging in Revit

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jegP7L8D
493 Views, 13 Replies

Unit Tagging in Revit

Hi,

Would like to share this with Revit Developer. Hoping to have an option to tag the "UNITS" in the overall plan by not using the room tags. Let's say, have 10 units in one level plan. Unit A1, A2......A10, currently Revit won't allow us to tag this unit in general tagging. The only option is to name the Units in textnote which is not ideal. Another option currently available is to disable the room bounding of the walls to tag as one whole unit using room tag which is not a good option also since we would like to maintain the individual room tags in enlarged plans of each units. 

Hopefully, the next version will give us an option to tag the units and maintain the room bounding of walls. and at the same times unit tag can calculate the perimeter area of the Unit.  

Thank you.

Best Regars,

Jeg

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
RDAOU
in reply to: jegP7L8D

@jegP7L8D 

You can either combine Rooms and Areas or simply use Spaces and Zone...You can tag a Zone which includes more than one space 

If you insist on having the same feature for rooms...you can try your luck and post it on the Ideas forum (Follow the Link Below)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 14
jegP7L8D

Hello RDAOU, 

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  will try to put this into revit ideas. 

I have received also a suggestion from this guys,:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/unit/td-p/11007974#M350051

you might like the idea on how to set up unit tagging.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 14
RDAOU

@jegP7L8D 

I'm good with Zones and Spaces... replicating the same function is more or less redundant

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 14
jegP7L8D
in reply to: RDAOU

Do you have a video link maybe from youtube or different video site that shows on how to to it ? Tried the space and zoning option but still it limits me to room bounding inside Unit.

Message 6 of 14
RDAOU

@jegP7L8D 

You place Spaces

You Add Spaces to a Zone 

Spaces and Zones 2.gif

Message 7 of 14
jEg2x-2023

Thank you so much for this. I feel like this is more effective way of showing the unit tag in an overall plan. 

Message 8 of 14
jEg2x-2023

Do you have any idea on how to combine the gross and net area in one schedule? or maybe try to link them so we can add a formula between them?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jeg

Message 9 of 14
RDAOU
in reply to: jEg2x-2023

@jEg2x-2023 

I am afraid I do not understand the question...is this still about tagging or are you talking about area schedules and area plans?

If the latte then please start a new thread/post

Message 10 of 14
jEg2x-2023

Sorry, to jump into a different topic. I was referring to area schedules, rentable and gross. Wondering if you know on how to combine them in one schedule table. Or maybe link them. 

Thank you.

Message 11 of 14
RDAOU
in reply to: jEg2x-2023

@jEg2x-2023 

The short answer is no; not in a straight forward way no there isn't.

There are several workarounds though...Do you have a schedule format in mind?

Message 12 of 14
jegP7L8D

I am trying to formulate heated area(rentable) unheated area, and total area(gross area)

Message 13 of 14
RDAOU

@jEg2x-2023 

Well first you need to use the same Area Type schedule ...

1. Example below I used the rentable area plans for both Net and Gross
  2. I placed the Gross Floor Area Boundaries on the Top Of slab Level
  3. Placed the area boundaries for rentable offices on the FFL Level
  4. Added 4 Parameters
    • Level Number (Where both L1 FFL and L1 TOS receive the value of L1) - Used to filter
    • Rentable (Yes/No)
    • Heated (Yes/No)
    • Area Type (A calculated value to determine Area Name Gross vs Net Cold vs Net Warm)
      • if(and(Rentable Area, Heated), "Net Rentable - Heated", if(and(Rentable Area, not(Heated)), "Net Rentable - Cold", "Gross Floor Area"))

With check/uncheck Itemize every Instance it looks like below...You can also transpose it so all stand in the same row

Rentable vs Net.gif

Message 14 of 14
jEg2x-2023

Wow, I think this will solve my problem. will try this one now. Thank you so much @RDAOU 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators