Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

uninstallation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
eilliwofficial
914 Views, 5 Replies

uninstallation

how can all those heavy files (different revit apps) be deleted from ya pc,

cant even identify some....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

For Uninstalling the programs, go to Control Panel/ Programs/ Programs and features and uninstalled all the ones you do not want to have.

1.png

If you find my post is interesting, I will Appreciate it if you give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept Solution.

Message 3 of 6

This might be overkill, but this is my favorite way to get rid of ALL of the Autodesk software installed on a PC:

http://prosoftaec.blogspot.com/2013/08/uninstall-multiple-autodesk-products.html

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 4 of 6

i think this is the best way thanks.

Message 5 of 6
jpryne
in reply to: eilliwofficial

I've been wrestling with cleanly uninstalling (and trying to get a good install of) Revit 2018 all day today. Currently using the WMIC tool to uninstall everything and try again, but I'd already used it, seeming to hang during uninstallation of "Revit Content Libraries 2018". Next, I resorted to Microsoft Fixit, which seemed to work for most packages, yet I was never able to uninstall "Revit Content Libraries 2018".

Next, I tried to to a fresh install of Revit, which completed quickly, but still left me unable to launch. I think I can say without a doubt this is the most trouble I've ever had installaing a piece of software.

So, now I'm back to hanging during the uninstall of "Revit Content Libraries 2018". What can I try next?

Message 6 of 6
mathewba
in reply to: eilliwofficial

Hello @eilliwofficial

Using Autodesk Uninstall Tool to remove the installed applcations, is a much more simpler and reliable way.

This tool gets installed along with the Revit installer. From the StartMenu, type "Uninstall Tool" and this tool will be listed. Click the shortcut for the tool and the tool launches. This tool lists all the installed Autodesk products in the users machine.

We can select the products to uninstall and click "Uninstall" button. We can see that all these products gets removed sequentially. 

Please give it a try.

Here, I have provided a sample of this tool's output

Untitled.png

Regards
Mathew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report