Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete Curtain Walls (including gridlines)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Eatonasher
1244 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Delete Curtain Walls (including gridlines)

Hey everyone,

I've gone through all of the available forums and tried all of the solutions, but I still can't seem to delete the curtain wall or gridlines located underneath the stairs of this shop. Could someone please help me figure it out? I created the curtain walls on "T.O. Slab" level, but it is easier to see it all in the 3d model.

You can see from the pngs that there are also some curtain wall grids from a second curtain wall that need to be deleted. I've copied the curtain Panel >> Empty System Panel from a previous version's template because that is the solution other people suggested? But it didn't do what I wanted it to do.

To be clear: I want to delete (as in, completely remove everything that has to do with curtain walls) the wall objects so that I can start again with a different layout/arrangement of wall. Any solutions that don't remove all the objects/walls/panels/grids/mullions/whatever in the drawing is NOT what I'm looking for.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Eatonasher

Panels, mullions, grids are parts of a curtain wall. So, if you want to delete the curtain walls, hover the mouse over the panels and use the Tab key until the tooltip or note at the lower left corner of the screen says "Walls : Curtain wall : .." Then clck and delete.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Lachlan-JWP

You need to change your view discipline to Architectural then you will be able to select the curtain wall as normal and delete it.

LachlanJWP_0-1711319296513.png

Your views are currently set to Structural discipline which allows for selection of curtain wall elements but not the curtain walls themselves.

Message 4 of 6
handjonathan

Hi @Eatonasher 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Have the solutions suggested by @Alfredo_Medina @Lachlan-JWP helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 5 of 6
Eatonasher
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for the suggestion - I had tried to that many times and it would refuse to be deleted. If I employed the solution proposed by @Lachlan-JWP first, and switched the Discipline view to Architectural, THEN your solution works.

Thank you both for this.

Message 6 of 6
Eatonasher
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP

This is a life-saver. Thank you very much!! I had no idea that function even existed, but I suppose it makes sense in a way. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report