Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two revit file in one file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ewasadowska
219 Views, 5 Replies

Two revit file in one file

I am working on one project, which inclued 4 types of buildings. 

I do 4 types od building in 4 diffrent files in revit. Now I want to those 4 types to be in one single file. I use Link one model to another by using Link panel -> Link Revit.

See photo below 

92122400303_0-1647506827679.png

I opened the base file with the type 1 building (the building on the right in the photo). I have uploaded the file with the type 2 building (the building on the left in the photo). Unfortunately, I don't see any details I have in the Type 2 building (dimensions, descriptions, etc.). How to make it visible exactly as in the building 2 file?

and next, how to update the common file, if something changes in the base file (e.g. in type 2 in the base file I move the walls and the window, how to automatically update this type 2 in the combined file?)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: ewasadowska

@ewasadowska 

Reply to Q1:

Go to visibility graphics and set the Revit Link Display to by Link then from the drop down select which plan view to show(pick the plan view where you have all the annotations/dimensions) -- See Image below

RDAOU_0-1647509265354.png

Reply to Q2:

• When users open the Main model or sync, the Linked Type 2 should update automatically
  • If you want it to update instantly, without syncing or reopening the main model >>> go to manage links and Reload the link...
  • One more thing you need to also look into is shared coordinates and shared sites...(publish or acquire coordinates to or from link so that they always place in the right position/alignment)

View Range_Structural with Underlay.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
ewasadowska

is this option avalaible in REVIT LT? 

I can see this window as below

92122400303_0-1647509773615.png

Possibly if no, can it be called in any other way?

Message 4 of 6
RDAOU

@ewasadowska 

Unfortunately not...all the above are not available in Revit LT ... Revit LT does not offer several options required for this process such as worksharing/Filters/Links Display...and several other things

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 6
ewasadowska

Thank you for your answer. It's very helpfull. Unfortunately, now I have a huge problem. 

Thanks, nice day 🙂

Message 6 of 6
projekty014
in reply to: RDAOU

hello again, you helped me solve the previous problem, so i hope it will work this time too a case similar to the previous one

how to properly make a mirror of the base option of the building so that descriptive families do not turn into a mirror

projekty014_0-1652860381283.jpeg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report