Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two part question - weird lines overtop of doors - and file size after purging.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tsdrafting
212 Views, 3 Replies

Two part question - weird lines overtop of doors - and file size after purging.

Two part question..... attached is jpg of a basement pre-sketch where I inserted the same door all over the layout.  In some instances I have 2 lines overtop of the opening (with red circle illustrating the doors) - and other areas I do not have the double lines.  I inserted the door all in the same command - one consistently after the other.

Basement Door lines.jpg

This is a family I created, nothing fancy.  I typically do NOT have this issue on the main floor and above - it only seems to happen in the basement level.  I can use invisible lines and get rid of the two lines over the door - I just want to know why it is happening.

My other question is - when I purged this file down and deleted the main floor, got rid of materials, yadda yadda (to post on this forum) - the file went from a 68 MB file down to a 62MB file.  There is nothing in this Revit file - as I purged it down to "0" unused items.  Why is my file so huge (still)?

The user file is Revit 2025 - compressed with WinRAR.  Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: tsdrafting

Post a Revit File (e.g. rfa, rvt). If need be, compress with Windows, not WinZip.   

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: tsdrafting

Check wall base offset of those walls.

Message 4 of 4
tsdrafting
in reply to: ToanDN

that was exactly my problem.  Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report