Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tunnel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sanjacolic2020.3
963 Views, 4 Replies

Tunnel

Hi!  

I've modelled tunnel in Civil 3D (picture below). 

pic1.png

There are different rock bolts all along the length of the tunnel (picture below).

pic2.png

The length of the bolts and their distance depend on quality of the rock and those paramaters change along the tunnel's length.

I have to model them too.

Do you have any idea how?

I plan to import model from Civil to Revit and then use Revit + Dynamo, but I'm not sure if it is the easiest way.

Thank you in advance.

Sanja 💙

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sanjacolic2020.3

Would this not be easier in Civil 3D?

But if in Revit, you might create that by using a fence as the tunnel, with a segment of tunnel created as a rail and the rock bolts as balusters.

Or line based family with the rock anchors as an array within the family - spacing could be parameter controlled.

You will have issues down the line trying to get your tunnel to be underground.

Message 3 of 5
sanjacolic2020.3
in reply to: Anonymous

How to do this in Civil 3D?

My aim is to model it as parametric as possible (there are 3 parameters here: length of the bolts, their distance along tunnel length and distance perpendicular to tunnel). 

I would be happy if I could make at least one parameter (distance along tunnel length). 

I expect some changes in the future when they start with excavating (in that case distance along tunnel would probably change). 

Is it possible to model that in Civil 3D?

In worst case, I could model it non parametric, but I'm afraid of the future. 

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: sanjacolic2020.3

The image you posted is not that clear but yes you can. In brief as follows 

1. the tunnel's sectional profile is modeled as an adaptive component (same if you have a side walk/trench/gullies)
  2. dynamo to create the tunnel's alignment/path in the Adaptive Family Environment. It uses E/N exported from civil 3D or AutoCad to Excel.
  3. You use dynamo as well to place the tunnel chainage and any other components in the Project at the specified coordinates from the excel sheet mentioned above
  4. The bolts you can either model and place separately or you can nest them into the adaptive component (similarly to other component/elements mentioned in item 1 above)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
sanjacolic2020.3
in reply to: RDAOU

What does first step mean? 

If I understood well, I should: 

1. Import tunnel from Civil 3D to Revit. 

2. Make Dynamo for tunnel's alignment (including chainage). 

3. Model bolts and array them along the path using Dynamo. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report