Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency glitch Graphic Display Options

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1297 Views, 14 Replies

Transparency glitch Graphic Display Options

I'm working in a student version of Revit 2017. I was exploring the transparency feature in the graphic display options, but when I tried to reset the transparency back to 0, the wireframe lines remain present in all 3d views. I have tried re-downloading the software, and even importing it into a 2019 version, but the issue persists. It is very irritating to work with and it distorts a number of graphics as well. 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it's unlikely to be a glitch. What is 3D View's Visual Style set to?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

It doesn't matter what style it is in, all lines in the drawing show in realistic, consistent colors, hidden line, and shaded. I've even tried resetting all settings to default but to no avail.

Message 4 of 15
barthbradley

Okay, let me ask you this: is the same thing happening in new Projects -- or is it just happening in one?  

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

It is only in this instance of the project file. The older versions of it display properly but a significant amount of work has been done since. New projects also work fine, I am worried the file itself might have an error maybe.

Message 6 of 15
barthbradley

Okay, so the "glitch" sounds like it's with the file, not the software.  Let's try an Audit. Are you familiar with the procedure? Just Open the Project with Audit checked. 

Audit checked.png

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Yea I tried to audit as well and it didn't fix the issue.

Message 8 of 15
barthbradley

Okay, let's have a look at it. Post the file?  

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Here is the file, thank you for the help

Message 10 of 15
barthbradley

Well, I don't readily see an issue.  All the Views that I checked are responding correctly to different Visual Style settings I apply.  Give me a specific 1-2-3 workflow to follow to try and duplicate your issue.   

BTW: do you have Hardware Acceleration turned on or off? 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Okay, it started after this:

I had the current view set as 3D with visual style set to realistic. I used the transparency slider to try and work on a part of the model that is rather dense, and when I reset the slider to 0, the surfaces returned to being opaque but it is as if the wireframe visual style is permanently enabled as a layer on all visual styles. So, the edge lines of every object/surface are always visible. In the attached images the 3D style is supposed to be Consistent Colors or Hidden Line but it does not hide any of the lines in the drawings. 

Message 12 of 15
barthbradley

I can't seem to replicate the issue at my end.  I do notice something else peculiar in your screenshot. The look of the Transparency Slider Bar.  It's blue.  Could relate to issue.  

...edit: well actually, your whole GDO Dialog Box is different.  Is it like this in other sessions of Revit? 

Yours:

Slider Blue.png

Mine:

Slider Blue 2.png

@ToanDN: Any thoughts?  

Message 13 of 15
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the file, thank you for the help

The default {3D} view is corrupted, even the section box is tilted.  Other views are fine.  Simply delete teh {3D} view and recreate a new one from the 3d home button. 

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yup that was it! The new 3D view is correct. I can't believe it was so simple to fix. Thank you both for your help. 

Message 15 of 15
barthbradley

Thanks for helping @ToanDN . What's strange to me, is that mine wasn't corrupted. I'm guessing yours was.  What would cause that?  3 different machines with 2 different results?  Hmm?  Head Scratcher.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report