Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred Color Schemes

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
76jsa
859 Views, 10 Replies

Transferred Color Schemes

Hello, 

I am using my own Color Schemes with Shared Parameter.

When I transfer this Scheme to existing project and set this Scheme to a template, its not showing any colour fills.

Yes - I have them turned on in Model Overrides.

Tanks for help

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: 76jsa

Silly question, but I got to ask: Do you have any Rooms/Spaces (or whatever the Color Scheme is for) defined in the Project?  

Message 3 of 11
76jsa
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes,

I have the previously used ones and now the transfered ones.

Message 4 of 11
76jsa

The color fill works only with the old Color Schemes, not with the imported ones.

Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

What Version of Revit?

Message 6 of 11
76jsa

Message 7 of 11
barthbradley

Well, based on my testing just now in 2020, I can confirm that Room Color Schemes based on a Shared Parameter transfer the Color/Patterns of those Schemes to another Project.  Shared Parameter was even applied to Rooms.  Pretty impressive. 

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

As a test, create a new unedited floor plan in the destination file and apply the color scheme see if the colors show.
Message 9 of 11
76jsa
in reply to: ToanDN

NO, it still does not show color fills.

There is some problem with the import.

I have created them to the template file, to have them there from beginning, but that does not solve the issue.

Message 10 of 11
barthbradley

Not working still? Strange. Can you walk us through what you are doing step-by-step?  

Message 11 of 11
76jsa

In one project I have created Shared parameter (I wanted to have this parameter value in area tag).

Then I have created Color Scheme based on this parameter  - worked perfectly in current project.

Then I executed Transfer Project Standrds (this Color Scheme) to the other project - everything worked - except of a color fill.

I think - it was because I needed to load the Shared Parameter first - then Transfer the Color Schemes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report