Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer sub categories between families?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
957 Views, 5 Replies

Transfer sub categories between families?

I work in store design, and have numberous fixtures that we use in store, each modelled in their own family. I want to be able to draw a boundary line around the family so that i can see it in plan view. I understand i am able to apply a sub category to the line, so that i can turn it on and off when i like. My question is, i want to be able to give the bondary lines in each family, the same sub category so that when i load the families into a project, they all turn on and off together. Is this possible?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rodrigo.bezerra
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Open the family that have all the Object Styles you need, then open the family that you wish to apply these Object Styles. In the ribbon, reach for Transfer Project Standards. You'll select all items you want to copy from one family to another, and click OK.

2016 03 29 11-30.PNG

Regards

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rodrigo.bezerra

Thank you but i have tried that it seems to keep failing, i have had to manually open each family and apply a new object style to the lines instead. Appreciate the reply! 

Message 4 of 6

Are the families all at the same category? (ex: all furniture, or all lighting fixtures)

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rodrigo.bezerra

No they wasnt, and now that you mention that, thats most likely the problem (im new to Revit, so still learning about catagories etc)

Thanks 🙂

Message 6 of 6
rodrigo.bezerra
in reply to: Anonymous

It's Ok. That's your answer then. Object Styles will be successful copied between the same category. Furniture to furniture, lighting fixture to lighting fixture and so.

You only need to do manually once per category, and you'll be able then to use Transfer Project Standards.

Regards

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report