Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposolid - How to get piers/ grade beams to show?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rhBDHX4
184 Views, 1 Reply

Toposolid - How to get piers/ grade beams to show?

I'm still learning the ropes of the new toposolid feature in Revit 2024.  Ideally, I want to show the toposolid in my sections and basement-level plans, but I would also like to be able to see the concrete piers show up (ie in plan views with appropriate view depth, I would like to see the piers below the floor level, in sections with the appropriate view depth, I'd like to see the piers beyond).  

So far, I've tried:

1.  Making the toposolid slightly transparent.  This gets too messy in sections, in terms of seeing too many objects/ footings/ piers/ grade beams in the distance.

2.  Hiding the toposolid temporarily, and using detail lines to pick/ lock to the pier profile (in plan or section).  This works, but is time-consuming to do this in scores of views.

3.  I tried adding model lines to the piers (in the pier family), to represent the profile in elevations/ plan.  The toposolid in R 2024 seems to have "priority" over the piers--ie, this approach was a total fail.

Anybody have any pro tips/ clever ideas to universally solve this issue without having to resort to a per-view / time-consuming option like #2 above?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
barthbradley
in reply to: rhBDHX4

What about Show Hidden Lines? 

Help | About Hidden Lines | Autodesk

Hidden Line Toposolid.png

Question: are you cutting the Toposolid (e.g. removing volume) with the Columns/Footings?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report