Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposolid as Solid???????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
veso58S5W
345 Views, 4 Replies

Toposolid as Solid???????

Here I am, trying to organize a piece of land I bought and want to build a building on it.
So, I want to organize the dirt, figure out cut/fill, make nice images of the grounds/building for Fire Protection people, so they can make a Report and I obtain a Building Permit.
Sound easy? Well, not if you are forced now to work in Revit24 and not anymore in 23.

SOLID is the piece of something what is solid, all the way through. You take of or you add on, it is still SOLID, with less or more volume. Not in R24?

Here are a photos of cut out of Toposolid volume, to make pad, and driveways.
Why Toposolid SOLID is not changed with all the nodes/points to the cut out solid, but stood the same as nothing happened?

1.jpg

2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: veso58S5W

Not sure I understand, but did you create a Graded Region Copy and is the Phase Filter set correctly in the forward Phase (e.g. Show Complete)? 

Message 3 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: veso58S5W

"not if you are forced now to work in Revit24 and not anymore in 23."

Why is that true?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
veso58S5W
in reply to: barthbradley

I have to say that I couldn't get Graded Region tool to work for me. And what you said for filters - I also don't get it.

Is there any video or instructions about what you said. I watched some but couldn't understand too much, and obviously didn't succeed in what I was trying.

I work with solid modeling programs last 20 years and that might be putting a "block" in my head.

Thank you for quick reply 

Message 5 of 5
veso58S5W
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi Barth,

I found an other post of you and explanation how to make Graded Region (your reply to @jerryocas ) I followed all the steps you explained, couldn't get anything to work for me.

What is even worse, I started from scratch and tried to see if I can get any further, just to find myself stuck with this 

1.jpg

I can't even cut out that funky shape (what represent part of the building and driveway on the same elevation. It does cut the part what you see above, but do not calculate Cut/Fill as I do not know how to do it (although I see difference in the Toposolid, that's good enough)

Here is also attached file.
Can anyone help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report