Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet y/n

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
yes_and_no
440 Views, 6 Replies

Toilet y/n

• Guy, I want to have a wall mount y/n option to a generic toilet (blue part). Once clicked in proj, the whole toilet is sunk down to the floor level. I don't know much about sweeping, etc to figure out. Can you help ? R17 family attached.

hnA__20220112_080415.jpg

hnA__20220112_080546.jpg

hnA__20220112_080623.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: yes_and_no

What about Family Types (the Parameter)? That way you can cycle through and select toilet types (Wall hung, Standard, etc). Shared, Nested Families with the Family.

Create a Nested Family with Interchangeable Components | Revit 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 3 of 7
syman2000

Since the toilet join with each other, it is easier to simply have another family and swap them out. If you don't want that and only use one, here is the family I've edit. It is basically adding void to chop off the bottom. It is driven by the yes/no parameter.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

I would create a family for wall mounted toilet and a family for floor mounted toilet, nest them in your toilet assembly family and use a label to create a dropdown selection. 

Using a void to change the geometry of the toilet may get the look right, but wall mounted and floor mounted toilets are two completely different animals, support wise and utility connection wise.  I wouldn't mix them.

Message 5 of 7
yes_and_no

Thx Syman, Toan and Barthbradley,

I haven't thought about the void option, I m glad I asked.

To Toan, yes, they are different animals, cost-wise too. My SE indeed has a cheap unistrut detail we have been using oked. I like imbedded family myself, yet I try to limit file size when I can.

Message 6 of 7
stp868650

Self Cleaning Toilets is not something that a homeowner enjoys. When you are dealing with the ugly marks left behind, using a toilet needs some serious commitment. Another annoying factor is to deal with the flushing technology, which should be washed after each use. How about self cleaning toilets to get rid of such irritating issues?

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: stp868650

That sounds like one of @yes_and_no's posts.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report