Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Contact name information is connected

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ahirani24
1091 Views, 10 Replies

Title Block Contact name information is connected

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project where we have different trades working. So, when I change my name in the title block (say for the electrical sheet). This reflects on the plumbing sheet. And my name comes on the electrical and plumbing drawing sheets. Does anyone have an idea on how I could break this connectivity on sheet names?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: ahirani24

@ahirani24 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project where we have different trades working. So, when I change my name in the title block (say for the electrical sheet). This reflects on the plumbing sheet. And my name comes on the electrical and plumbing drawing sheets. Does anyone have an idea on how I could break this connectivity on sheet names?

Did you add you name as Text in the Titleblock family?

You can add a Label reading a built-in contact parameter (Drawn By, Check By, Design By, Approved By) to the titleblock family.  Now you can enter you name for one titleblock sheet and another name for another titleblock sheet.

Message 3 of 11
barthbradley

Add a Text-type Shared Parameter to the Project Parameters and assign it to "Project Information" category.  Now, edit your Titleblock and add a Label that uses exact same Shared Parameter.  

Message 4 of 11
RDAOU

@ahirani24 

Contact Name and Contact Number (or similar parameters) are usually shared parameters added in the title block family as labels and in the Model they are added as (shared) Project Parameters to the Category Project Information

In such case, the Label will reflect/display its value on all sheets / project wise ...ie: more or less functions like a Type parameter

What you need to do is

• Either Go to Manage >> Project Parameters 
    1. Select the relevant parameter "Contact Name"
    2. Click Modify
    3. Add the  Category Sheets and apply 
  • Or use a new label in the Title Block family with a new shared parameter

Sheet parameters Instance vs Type.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

The only way your name could be repeated on every Sheet, is if the parameter you are entering your name into is a Type Parameter.  Make it an Instance Parameter and that should remove the "connectivity", as you put it.  

Message 6 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: barthbradley

Hmph! Sheet and Project Info catagories are only available for share instance parameters. ... 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: RDAOU

This help, @RDAOU ?

TBLK925.png

@ahirani24: Post your Titleblock Family so we can see how it is set up?  

Message 8 of 11
barthbradley

Okay, maybe I'm misreading the OP.  The thread is entitled "Title Block Contact name information is connected",

but the OP stated "my name comes on the electrical and plumbing drawing sheets. Does anyone have an idea on how I could break this connectivity on sheet names?"  

Are we talking Titleblocks or Sheets here?  Your guess is as good as mine.  

Message 9 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley 

maybe this helps you better... the shared parameter need to be added both in TB as well as the Model to Categories

And I believe the SP ahirani24  has been added to Project Info therefore it is populating project wide

RDAOU_1-1632607407788.png

Message 10 of 11
barthbradley

@RDAOU wrote:

@barthbradley 

maybe this helps you better... 

Nope. Not at all. Only the OP knows for sure and can answer my questions.   

Nice try though.  

Message 11 of 11
syman2000

Yup..I use generic annotation method embedded within titleblock and parametrized it. Once you load into project, you can setup global parameter so the certain trade can have their own name without connecting with yours.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators