Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Spring Contest - Design a Revit family or model for 2044

67 REPLIES 67
SOLVED
Message 1 of 68
Viveka_CD
3342 Views, 67 Replies

The Spring Contest - Design a Revit family or model for 2044

Hello Awesome Community! Heart

Welcome to the Spring '18 Contest - prizes to be won!!

Calling out to all Students, Architects,REVIT explorers/ newbies, Designers, just anyone who loves Revit.........

What's your Revit model for 2044? 

(It could be a vertical farm, studio pod, mobile workstation, hybrid AI model, etc.)

We love to hear from you! Smiley Happy

• What's your idea/ solution for the urban sprawl, sustainable environment, depleting fossil fuels?
  • We want to see what great project ideas or futuristic families you would design with the Revit software!
  • Feel free to add images or screencasts or even sketches.
  • Share your workflow - doodles or form+function+space concepts

Meanwhile here's an interesting read on Customizable Communities Could Be the Key to the Future of Urban Housing that discusses a solution for the Urban sprawl- Rent Everything, Own Nothing

See BSA space and 'Ready player one' for inspiration.

* Winners of the contest selected by maximum votes

Regards,

Tags (1)
67 REPLIES 67
Message 2 of 68
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Viveka_CD

See post and idea by @thegodplato for inspiration.

Looking forward to your ideas and participation!

Message 3 of 68
Viveka_CD

Hi, A few of you have asked me about the contest deadline, it's Thursday, May 31 @ 5PM PST.

Looking forward!

Message 4 of 68
A_MAQ

how about reducing the waste of water by this idea  Smiley LOL

The family.PNG

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 5 of 68
ysautodesklover
in reply to: A_MAQ

Oh, this shape is so common in Japanese toilet industry 🙂

toilet.png

Message 6 of 68
A_MAQ
in reply to: ysautodesklover

wow , that's great 

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 7 of 68
Viveka_CD

Thanks for sharing the idea @A_MAQ  Did you design the built-in cistern sink family?

@ysautodesklover it's cool that this is being used in Japan.Smiley Happy

The depletion of our water resources is a serious issue and we are unsure of the consequences related to water shortage in future.Smiley Sad

Here's what I found on Roca and eco-products, a toilet sinks' accessory that savings of up to two gallons per person which also repurposes grey-water from hand washing for “conservation first” bowl refills.

Keep your ideas coming! 

Regards,

Message 8 of 68
A_MAQ

Yeah , it was  a very quick modeling , it shows the concept of the idea 

actually it's interesting that the idea is used 

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 9 of 68
Viveka_CD

Hi,

Sharing a cool concept sketch from The Skyfarm project with a theme of "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life", which questioned how countries will produce enough food for the world's growing population. Read more HERE

skyfarm-rogers-stirk-harbour-partners_dezeen_936_4.jpgskyfarm-rogers-stirk-harbour-partners_dezeen_936_9.jpg

• Vertical farms family structures can be created in Revit using an array - see screencast by @Sahay_R 
  • See article on how to create a vertical family which is loaded into a project and it remains vertical regardless of the slope of the host.
  • See linear array to design and how to specify the distance between the elements in the array.

Regards,

Message 10 of 68
A_MAQ

amazing 

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 11 of 68
V4DesignInc

Hi @Viveka_CD

Here is my idea for an office furniture pod that can be regrouped depending on the space and function.

I used a sweep bend for creating this profile. Sharing some pictures from the generic model I created.

office furniture podsoffice furniture podsPrototypePrototypeSweep bendSweep bend

Thanks,

Kate

Message 12 of 68
Viveka_CD
in reply to: V4DesignInc

Hi @V4DesignInc

Great idea with screenshots! 

It's exciting that ergonomically shaped pods are used as a private spaces/collaboration spaces as well as a relaxation cubicle. Hope we will see more of these integrated into the designs of the future.Robot Happy

Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Regards,

Message 13 of 68
chrisplyler

I've designed a "Kitchen of the Future" in which all fixtures, appliances, working surfaces, storage facilities, etc. phase into existence only when you need them.

kitchen_of_the_future.jpg

Message 14 of 68
Viveka_CD
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi there @chrisplyler Smiley Very Happy

I didn't see a half-tone so I'm assuming the phasing is buried underground Smiley Happy or if it's a hidden 'space saving kitchen'. Your idea sure sparked some interest and interestingly, I found a concept by Italian designer Massimo Facchinetti. 

The fun fact is that Massimo uses shapes and layout of his 'kitchen of the future' are vertical and in the form of a folding cube. Which means the refrigerator, the sink, the oven, the trash can and even the worktop can fit together.If everything is tidy, this Ecooking looks like a small metal tower. The image below explains more than descriptions and it's an easy Revit family to create - we could use extrusions or a box type family

ecooking2.jpgImage courtesy: molocco.com

Regards,

Message 15 of 68
ennujozlagam

Hello, just want to share state of the art Singapore
https://youtu.be/g6-b9SMlXhI

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 16 of 68
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi @ennujozlagam

Thanks for sharing! What are your suggestions for designing this airport's roof or any of its interior components in Revit?

The Jewel Changi airport was designed by Moshie Safdie Architects and Services provided by BuroHappold for the Structural engineering, facade engineering

The interesting fact is that the airport's roof hosts an oculus where rainwater is funneled into the waterfall and harvested for building services and landscape irrigation systems. Few pictures below:

Torus structureTorus structureEntry to forest  valleyEntry to forest valleyPlan and sectionPlan and section

Regards,

Message 17 of 68
chrisplyler

Nothing is in the kitchen of the future. No oven exists. Until you want to bake cookies. Then an oven materializes out of nothingness.

Now that is just a design concept. The actual realization of this concept might include a single oven kept at some sort of "self cooking service center" that just teleports it into each home on an as-needed basis, and then teleports it out to the next home when you're finished cooking. Or something like that. Who knows? It's the future after all!

Message 18 of 68
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

@chrisplyler wrote:

...Who knows? It's the future after all!

25-30 years ago I predicted the future (now) with flying cars and robotic housemaids.  Fairly closed if if you consider now we have GoPro equipped drones zooming around taking pictures of folks sunbathing on rooftops.  Not sure about robotic housemaids but I heard some guy in China married a robot so who knows... But I failed to predict the Tide Pod challenge or the rise of flat-earthers around the globe.

Message 19 of 68
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi @ToanDN

Yep there is a lot of buzz around drones.
Some of the recent ones I read is about their use in construction.

How about you share your expertise in creating a futuristic family in Revit or some sketches on the same? We have a lot of student community with related thesis topics binding architecture, futuristic design and their application in Revit. It will be helpful to them.

Regards,
Message 20 of 68
ToanDN

Sorry I am still busy squeezing the last bit of life out of a fossil fuel burning - internal combustion powered motorbike to conserve the natural resource for Tesla to build more of their high demand Model 3s.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report