Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Arrays

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ckusekG64CG
146 Views, 2 Replies

Text Arrays

I'm trying to build a simple text array of horizontal qty x and vertical qty y within a family wherein the text that's created can be individually defined (rather than every instance of the text being the same).  So far as I can see, changing the text in one element in the array changes all instances of the text in the array.  Is there a way around this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: ckusekG64CG

You mean to automatically name elements something like 1, 2, 3, etc, based on their position in the array? Not practically possible unfortunately. Elements in an array are clones of the initial element.

You could create a bunch of predefined number elements that are hidden until they are needed and then moved as required, but that is why I added the "practically" qualifier earlier. This wouldn't be worth the work, and would probably make the family to heavy. And you'd have to go in and add more if you surpassed the pre-built amount.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: ckusekG64CG

Here's an x,y "Array" of individually numbered Curtain Wall Panels. Number is part of CW Panel Family and can be changed per instance. Could be done with Model or Annotation Text.  Is this what you are after?  

Curtain Panel Array.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report