Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
laura.wagner5PCCA
331 Views, 5 Replies

Sweep Problem

Hi, I'm very new to Revit and I am struggling to create a lintel for a window that has a curve. 

This is what I am trying to create -Screenshot (258).png

I am able to create a rectangular lintel without a curve (pictured below) but regardless of what path I pick with sweep I can't create the curveScreenshot (257).png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - sorry that this is poorly explained!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: laura.wagner5PCCA

Do you mean sweep or wall sweep? Wall sweep can not be curved.

Create an in place sweep, set the workplace to the face of the wall and sketch the path to create the sweep.

Similarly, you can create an in place extrusion place on the face of the wall.

You could use a beam to pick the curved edge of the opening but it appear the lintel extends in either side so I retracted this option.

Message 3 of 6

Use a 3D Beam. 

1. Load the right sized Dimensional Lumber Structural Framing Family into Project

2. Go to Structure tab and press Beam.

3. Check  3D Snapping on the Options Bar and then press Pick Lines on the Draw Panel

3. Select the Arc Top  of the Window

Watch the magic happen. 

Message 4 of 6

3D Beam1.png

3D Beam2.png

Message 5 of 6

I think Structural Member when someone says "Lintel". Maybe you mean molding or trim.  Still the approach works, but it maybe easier for you as a beginner to do a simple extrusion via In-Place Component (Architecture Tab).  If you use the Beam approach, there are Property settings that will also need to be made.  

Message 6 of 6

Is this a condition that is happening multiple times in a project/more than one project? It might be worth it to take the time to model it into the window family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators