Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for wainscott paneling ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
yes_and_no
238 Views, 4 Replies

Suggestion for wainscott paneling ?

Guys, we just got a project that involves existing interior with lots of wood panel wainscott. Each panel is about 36" wide with its own border and etc.

What is your suggestion to do this the practical way, knowing perspective rendering and color elevation are in tall order.

I m thinking of wall hosted array family, but if you have to do that for every wall then it is not a good practice, considering things will change through phases.

Using image file for wall patterns is not good with equal array in elevation view, no wall will ever have perfect 36x dimensions

Anyone ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: yes_and_no

Railing and/or curtain wall.

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Got a picture?  

Generally, we model wainscots as a Wall Types - since that what they are.  What it sounds like you are describing is  vertical and horizontal trim over the wood paneling (verticals spaced @ 3'-0" ).  That trim could be done with vertical and horizontal Wall Sweeps.  As for Rendering, that's all about the Materials' Appearance Asset.   

Message 4 of 5
rxi.gg

I recommend the curtain wall, you can configure it without studs, only with panels (and here you model your wooden panels) and edit the grid as you see fit in each case, eliminating some sections

Roi G. | AUTODESK REVIT & DYNAMO EXPERT

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 5 of 5

Curtain walls:

https://revit4me.weebly.com/blog/archives/11-2014

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report