Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with low resolution registered architect stamp inserted into revit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
uelsam1
706 Views, 7 Replies

Struggling with low resolution registered architect stamp inserted into revit

I have inserted our registered architect stamp as an image into my titleblock family.  Because revit seems to only let my insert at 72 dpi, the stamp image is too pixelated when we print full size sheets, at 22 x 34.  Have others found efficient solutions to get their stamp on the sheets digitally?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
enslinj
in reply to: uelsam1

Hi there,

When you say you inserted your stamp as a image, what process did you follow to get the stamp in digital format?

Thx

Ej

Message 3 of 8
L.Maas

I have no access to Revit at the moment, so can not check. But I have noticed in the past that some file formats work better than others. So, if possbile try to convert between jpg, png and tiff and see which one works best.

Another solution which I sometimes employ is to model the stamp in Revit. Depends a little on complexity if it will work.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 8
Alisder.Brown

uelsam1

What do you mean by "Because revit seems to only let my insert at 72 dpi"?

Do you get a warning show up when you place images higher than 72DPI? 

I am able to place in my company's banner logo @ 300DPI and it inserts no problem and looks great when sized up to full width of A0 paper.

As asked already, what process are you using to place the logo on your sheets? 

Thanks

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 8
uelsam1
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thank you all for your quick responses!  

You all helped me dig a littler deeper into the problem.  I was under the impression that revit functioned like photoshop: if I scale the image down, I lose pixel data.  But it functions more like a vector program. So I can import an image at 300 dpi and scale it down using a ratio of the imported dpi/72 dpi and it will retain the high quality.  

Message 6 of 8
jagostinhoCT

Hello,

Was struggling with the same issue.

Found that between PNG, JPG and TIF, PNG is the worse image quality. JPG and TIF look similar when printed to PDF. JPG wins due to file size when compared to TIF.

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Message 7 of 8
mpwuzhere

Depending on the complexity, you might look into creating the stamp as a annotation symbol.  You can then add in the signature or Preliminary or Not for Construction as visibility items.

While not the greatest idea...I have used DWG's inserted into a annotation symbol to at least get it printed correctly.  It does take some fixing in the project model to get the correct lineweights in Object Styles though.

Message 8 of 8
DMK™

To have images in Revit w/ full quality you need to import it in png, cause its lossless and jpg is lossy file formats.

If you have vectorized PDF of logo you can export it to *.png, or even to *.dwg and scale than in Revit as you want . 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report