Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
saho1
192 Views, 2 Replies

Stairs

Hi everybody, i've recently began a Revit Course con Architecture, last week I learned how to add Stairs. Today I was Practicing on a Model with a different set of stairs but I have an issue, please see the attached image. I dont know why this is happening, stair doesn't send me any errors but i dont know how to delete this or even know what is it. 

Seems like a plate, but i have no idea why its generating. 

saho1_0-1695841811558.png

Section View:

saho1_2-1695841906226.png

Would be very helpful to know if anyone knows what is happening. Thank you very much. 

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: saho1

That is the profile of a riser. Seems to me that you have one extra riser. Usually the slab serves as the last riser. Reduce one riser in the sketch of the stair, to solve the issue.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
jay_colcombe
in reply to: saho1

As the last post stated it is an extra step on the top of the stair where you have created a new run in another direction.

Select the stair and check in the Properties Palette that the Actual Number of Risers are the same as  the Required Number, you would have received a message stating something like that if there was an incorrect amount.  If it is correct you may need to edit the number of steps on the lower flight to include that extra step that you don want. You can Pull the Triangle Grip and it adds a step and removes from the top but to be honest it would be better to delete and redraw knowing the correct number of steps now.

IMG_2098.jpeg

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report